I Just Realized I Won The Lottery

Texsox

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
Well they were here legally and documented...

So if they become legal immigrants through amnesty (which, personally, I'm not for without strict specifications in which it must be earned), will all of you" strict adherents of the law" embrace them?

After all, that has been the supposed cry of many of you. Their being here illegaly is what concerns you most since you follow all laws so thoroughly.

Or do you just pick and choose which laws you agree with and which you don't?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
No I'm sure it wasn't.  Then again, we didn't have close to 300 million people here either.

But I thought it wasn't about the numbers?  I've been hearing 'illegal is illegal' for the last several months regarding this issue.  That should negate concern over whether it is 12,000 or 12,000,000.

Back to the point about not engaging in an argument based on, 'well they did it legally' when we are talking about immigrants 50 or 100 years ago.  The statement is an overgeneralization that doesn't hold up to scrutiny and so seems a poor starting point for discussion rather than a point that is being "conveniently overlooked."

Ok, it's over generalization. The VAST majority did it the legal way as opposed to currently. It's a matter of degree. What was once not a major problem, is now.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
So if they become legal immigrants through amnesty (which, personally, I'm not for without strict specifications in which it must be earned), will all of you" strict adherents of the law" embrace them? 

After all, that has been the supposed cry of many of you.  Their being here illegaly is what concerns you most since you follow all laws so thoroughly.

Or do you just pick and choose which laws you agree with and which you don't?

Apparently Law and Order is just a TV show anymore. Throw open our borders, give away our resources, and who cares anymore. The more the merrier. I guess having control over your country and the people in it is overrated anyways. Chaos and anarchy for everyone. :cheers

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
Apparently Law and Order is just a TV show anymore.  Throw open our borders, give away our resources, and who cares anymore.  The more the merrier.  I guess having control over your country and the people in it is overrated anyways.  Chaos and anarchy for everyone. :cheers

:cheers :cheers

Close the borders! Close the borders! Military Rule! Curfews! 100% Drug Tests! Work or Starve! No Social Programs! Citizenship checkpoints in every city!

this is fun :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:40 AM)
:cheers  :cheers

Close the borders! Close the borders! Military Rule! Curfews! 100% Drug Tests! Work or Starve! No Social Programs! Citizenship checkpoints in every city!

this is fun  :D

That doesn't sound half bad to me.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:17 AM)
Glad to here that.  I think I rely too much on looking for green when I read this board, instead of using my knowledge of the poster.  Thats why I was a bit taken aback.

Actually because I do know YAS's tendencies, I thought he was either

being truthful

or

baiting me

or

both

I didn't know he even knew how to spell facetious

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Actually because I do know YAS's tendencies, I thought he was either

being truthful

or

baiting me