Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:25 AM)
Mark not fooling any of their hitters.

You should do play by play...

On the brightside at least Vazquez made Hafner look silly. Apparently the rest of our pitchers haven't caught on.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:24 AM)
Possibly...but if C.C. is throwing strikes, this lineup will have a difficult time scoring 3 runs against him.  It's too bad they didn't start Byrd today.

Hopefully we'll still figure out a way to adapt to this guy. The leadoff walk is a good start.

C.C. hasn't exactly faced a ton of major league pitching recently, so it's not like he's guaranteed to be untouchable.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
Last year was the other way around.  Widger was actually better...mainly because Widger drew Buehrle a lot.

All I know is that from the games I've seen Widger catch this year, he's been afraid to consistently call for an inside pitch. The game he called vs Toronto, when Vazquez got crushed, was real poor.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
Hafner has just become a major Sox killer hasn't he. Let's hope we get something going this inning with Dye on.

Hafner kills all pitching, especially the AL Central, especially the Tigers.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
im hoping for a rain delay so we can see danny graves

sabathia has already had quite a few pitches this innign and coming off of injury i would think hes on a low pitch count, so hopefully we do get into that pen

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:31 AM)
Hafner's the most dangerous hitter in the American League.  He's become just an unbelievably tough out.

arod, manny ortiz then hafner and vlad