Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
We won the division last year because we attacked our division.  Our sunday lineups were for other teams.  We changed our rotation middle of the season so the top of our rotation would face our division more.  We were not resting 3 and 4 starters against the Indians and the Twins last year.

Seriously, its better to rest our guys today, then attack two weak teams for the next 6 games.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Personally, I think we won the world championship in spite of the Sunday lineups :ph34r:

But its all good; tomorrow's another day...

Without the Sunday lineups, we would have not had the gas we did in the post-season. Therefore, no championship.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
We were on certain days.  We weren't playing the starting 9 every single game against CLE and MIN, thats for damn sure.

Maybe after we won the series we would relax a little. The formula last year was win the first game of the series to take control, if we won two then we took the foot off the pedal because mission was acocmplished for that series.

I'm glad I'm stuck studying for finals instead of watching this game.

Talk about a pathetic pitching performance. His line is almost enough to puke--5.2IP, 13 hits, 3 walks, 7 earned runs. Someone can say (and I'm sure they will), "OMG, I knew someone would complain," but I don't expect our ace to do this against a divisional rival. Considering they weren't exactly fooled by him opening day, I'd say it's time for him to man up against Cleveland next start.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Maybe after we won the series we would relax a little.  The formula last year was win the first game of the series to take control, if we won two then we took the foot off the pedal because mission was acocmplished for that series.

Which is pretty much what Oz has done here, though this is only a 2 game series. I seriously don't think he is doing this any different than he would have last year, and that worked pretty damn well.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
You been smoking up with freddy?

haha, i was just playing. i didnt mean it literally, u know trade anderson for murton.

>yea, freddy's my guy, weve been smokin :P

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
Without the Sunday lineups, we would have not had the gas we did in the post-season.  Therefore, no championship.

There's absolutely no way to know that. Without our pitching staff being incredible, there's likely no championship. It's not like our hitters tore the cover off the ball in the World Series. It's too hard to tell that if what worked last year, will work this year. Lets just hope Dye can get healthy soon.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Without the Sunday lineups, we would have not had the gas we did in the post-season.  Therefore, no championship.

Konerko got how many days of rest last year. How did that affect him in the playoffs, was he tired, was he lacking in the ABs.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
I'm glad I'm stuck studying for finals instead of watching this game.

Talk about a pathetic pitching performance. His line is almost enough to puke--5.2IP, 13 hits, 3 walks, 7 earned runs. Someone can say (and I'm sure they will), "OMG, I knew someone would complain," but I don't expect our ace to do this against a divisional rival. Considering they weren't exactly fooled by him opening day, I'd say it's time for him to man up against Cleveland next start.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.....Buehrle has his worked cut out for him this year vs this Indians lineup. They're loaded against LHP.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)

OR....... we would have won over 100 games and a championship. either way.........

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
There's absolutely no way to know that.  Without our pitching staff being incredible, there's likely no championship.  It's not like our hitters tore the cover off the ball in the World Series.  It's too hard to tell that if what worked last year, will work this year.  Lets just hope Dye can get healthy soon.

Also possible we avoided serious injuries by not overworking our main guys. Just a thought.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
There's absolutely no way to know that.  Without our pitching staff being incredible, there's likely no championship.  It's not like our hitters tore the cover off the ball in the World Series.  It's too hard to tell that if what worked last year, will work this year.  Lets just hope Dye can get healthy soon.

Well, we know it worked last year. I certainly agree that Pitching was the #1 reason, but there was a whole list of reasons, and having players healthy and strong is a key piece.

And I certainly hope they are cautious with Dye, especially since Mack is now apparently finding a groove.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
And I certainly hope they are cautious with Dye, especially since Mack is now apparently finding a groove.

The only problem is that if Mackowiak needs to play in RF, we have no one to replace Anderson in CF. For all the quality ABs that Anderson had last week, he's off to a pathetic start this week.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:23 PM)
I've said this before, and I'll say it again.....Buehrle has his worked cut out for him this year vs this Indians lineup.  They're loaded against LHP.

Too bad for Buehrle. Either he steps up and adjusts, or we're going to go through this several more starts. Aces adjust. I just won't accept a shoulder shrug or "tipping our caps." He may pitch against Cleveland 3/4 more times depending on scheduling. Can't have 4 or more runs scored every game when we're battling their team down the stretch.