Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Now this is dumb.  If Dye wasnt 100% you could at least of had Crede back up Kong.  We could of had Dye DH also.  WTF

Yeah, it makes no sense. This is another case where the Gload spot on the roster makes no sense. Find us a back-up righty outfielder!

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
Now this is dumb.  If Dye wasnt 100% you could at least of had Crede hit 5th to back up Kong.  We could of had Dye DH also.  WTF

If Dye says he's ok 2 days in a row, should Ozzie not believe him?

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
This is now the worst sox lineup i have seen since jerry manuel days.

I'm almost happy we're playing the Indians, who could and would have likely beat us with our normal lineup today. It's better than trotting this lineup out against the Royals, and losing to them.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
This is now the worst sox lineup i have seen since jerry manuel days.

actually ill bet this is worse than anything manual had

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Yeah, it makes no sense.  This is another case where the Gload spot on the roster makes no sense.  Find us a back-up righty outfielder!

How about a backup righty that has some pop.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
I'm almost happy we're playing the Indians, who could and would have likely beat us with our normal lineup today.  It's better than trotting this lineup out against the Royals, and losing to them.

They haven't beat us yet.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
You can add Mackowiak to the list of guys that should be looking until they get a strike especially after the long at-bat by Konerko.

At some point, you have to be more worried about trying to get a hit than working the count. Mackowiak against C.C. is a bad match-up. I have no problem with Mackowiak trying to get a hit without taking a strike. He's a streaky hitter, and is coming off his best game of the year.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Why do you say that??

Because Buehrle has nothing. It would have been more frustrating if Buehrle pitched great, and we went on to lose the game 1-0. And yes, I know it's not over. However, I can't see Buehrle keeping the Indians to only 3 runs, and our lineup lacks serious punch today.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
Heck, why don't we just go get Pujols.  That'd be easy right?  We could have the best bench in the major leagues!

come on...we can do better than that

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
At some point, you have to be more worried about trying to get a hit than working the count.  Mackowiak against C.C. is a bad match-up.  I have no problem with Mackowiak trying to get a hit without taking a strike.  He's a streaky hitter, and is coming off his best game of the year.

Against this team, with their bullpen, and with rain potentially on the way? I think you'd be better off thinking about the strategy.