Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

QUOTE(rudylaw @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:54 AM)
24 runners LOB over the last 15 innings.  That is no good.  Uribe has stranded 10 on his own over that spand.

Maybe Uribe can watch a f***ing video of how he hit late last year, because right now Uribe is hititng like he did in the begininng of last year. The spin-o-matic needs his front foot nailed down.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Use the B team excuse all you want, but we are losing because our A teamers have looked like crap today.

I am sure Konerko got the same pitches to hit without Thome in front of him. I am sure as the game progresses with mack providing protection that they will still go after Konerko.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
I am sure Konerko got the same pitches to hit without Thome in front of him.  I am sure as the game progresses with mack providing protection that they will still go after Konerko.

Better than having Timo there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
Maybe Uribe can watch a f***ing video of how he hit late last year, because right now Uribe is hititng like he did in the begininng of last year.  The spin-o-matic needs his front foot nailed down.

That is Juan Uribe. The guy is a streaky hitter and always will be, we've known this since 2004. Any offense that Juan adds(which will be plenty) is a bonus considering he's an absolute stud at short.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
I am sure Konerko got the same pitches to hit without Thome in front of him.  I am sure as the game progresses with mack providing protection that they will still go after Konerko.

In theory, they would be pitching him differently. But Paulie has had some good pitches to hit today, including the one that he actually got a hit off of.

Either way, it doesn't make up for the fact that Buehrle has sucked today.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:00 PM)
That is Juan Uribe.  The guy is a streaky hitter and always will be, we've known this since 2004.  Any offense that Juan adds(which will be plenty) is a bonus considering he's an absolute stud at short.

Actually they made a change to his mechanics last year and he started hitting the ball like crazy. However that mechanic is now missing. How hard is it, for them to look at video and say, hey he spun around and hit like crap, then we changed this and he started to hit. Now he is spinning out of control again and not hitting again.

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ May 2, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
Everybody here that rips Ozzie for his Sunady lineup, I just flipped to the Cards game during the commercial and Larussa has Pujols,Rolen, and Edmonds on the bench today, thats like ozzie benching Thome,Konerko, and Dye on the same day.

You do know that Rolen is sick, and that Edmonds doesn't play against lefties every day. The only guy who's getting a break is Pujols, and he's played every game this year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:02 PM)
Actually they made a change to his mechanics last year and he started hitting the ball like crazy.  However that mechanic is now missing.  How hard is it, for them to look at video and say, hey he spun around and hit like crap, then we changed this and he started to hit.  Now he is spinning out of control again and not hitting again.

Ya, he hit t he crap out of the ball for 2 months like he did in April/May of 04. I'm not sure either why he ditched the leg kick but Juan is always going to be a streaky hitter.

ball game.

let logan and Thornton finish it out.

maybe it will start raining harder.

And then go find a center fielder.

Is Randy Winn available?

Maybe San Diego would dump Cameron's salary.

Padres are not going to contend.

hope for a Royals win over the Tigers and come home and repay the Mariners.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
You do know that Rolen is sick, and that Edmonds doesn't play against lefties every day.  The only guy who's getting a break is Pujols, and he's played every game this year.

Kinda sounds familiar...

Dye is hurt, Podsednik and Pierzynski don't play against lefties very often, and Thome has played every game this year.