Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

PK, 1B

Dye, RF

Crede, 3B

Cintron, DH

Uribe, SS

Widger, C

BA, CF

Buehrle, SP

Last I checked Cleveland is a division rival. Why is Ozzie treating this game like it's the D-Rays?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:46 AM)
Which games don't matter??

that's not the point, this is the perverbial foot to the throat against our big rivals.

hey hopefully we pull this off anyways. The indians have the entire normal lineup, including using martinez.

The team traveled from Anaheim to Cleveland, then go from ending a game at about 11 eastern to playing at noon; also after this game the team comes back home after this 8 game road trip. It's not surprising at all that Ozzie is giving guys breaks.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
The team traveled from Anaheim to Cleveland, then go from ending a game at about 11 eastern to playing at noon; also after this game the team comes back home after this 8 game road trip.  It's not surprising at all that Ozzie is giving guys breaks.

I'd rather he rest them tomorrow against Seattle.

EDIT: We saw what a crazy travel schedule did to the Angels last October. They beat us in game 1.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)

EDIT: We saw what a crazy travel schedule did to the Angels last October.  They beat us in game 1.

I'd say they're much more tired today than they'll be tomorrow seeing how there'll be about a 16 hour turn around from the end of the game today to the beginning of tomorrow's game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
I'd say they're much more tired today than they'll be tomorrow seeing how there'll be about a 16 hour turn around from the end of the game today to the beginning of tomorrow's game.

Yeah, really. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

The regulars need rest. Thats why the lineup is like this. We have had a short turnaround, and we need them for this homestand. We should beat up on the next two teams we face, and we need to capitalize on playing the weak teams.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)

Meh. Today's game will be 2 hours tops. They get paid millions. Cinch it up and hunker down. I wanted an angry Thome today smashing the ball all over the place after yesterday's pathetic homecoming by their fans.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)

No, logic is not gonna work here. Soxtalk has made a habit of complaining about Ozzie's sunday lineups and nothing, not even facts, can stop this from occuring.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
The regulars need rest.  Thats why the lineup is like this.  We have had a short turnaround, and we need them for this homestand.  We should beat up on the next two teams we face, and we need to capitalize on playing the weak teams.

lol open gameday and check out the lower third of the orders BAs

not one over .200

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
Meh.  Today's game will be 2 hours tops.  They get paid millions.  Cinch it up and hunker down.  I wanted an angry Thome today smashing the ball all over the palce after yesterday's pathetic homecoming by their fans.

The only lineup change I would have liked to see is Pods in LF, and Ozuna at DH.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)

EDIT: We saw what a crazy travel schedule did to the Angels last October.  They beat us in game 1.

I'd say the playoffs are a little different. You didn't see Ozzie pumping out these lineups during the postseason.

And the Angels didn't necessarily look like a juggernaut that game. We just got shut down by their pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
The only lineup change I would have liked to see is Pods in LF, and Ozuna at DH.

Agreed. Its hard to fathom taking out AJ who is hitting the cover off the ball right now.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
Meh.  Today's game will be 2 hours tops.  They get paid millions.  Cinch it up and hunker down.  I wanted an angry Thome today smashing the ball all over the place after yesterday's pathetic homecoming by their fans.

That whole "they make millions of dollars, they should be able to do anthing" argument sure is a solid one.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 2, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
Agreed. Its hard to fathom taking out AJ who is hitting the cover off the ball right now.

AJP caught a four hour game last night, has been plunked twice in the last 3 days, and there's a tough lefty on the mound. I have no problem with him sitting out. My only concern is that Buehrle/Widger don't mesh well today.