Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Kinda sounds familiar...

Dye is hurt, Podsednik and Pierzynski don't play against lefties very often, and Thome has played every game this year.

Dye started the game. He's not part of the 3 starters out that we're mad about. I have no problem with Thome sitting today. However, Pods should have definitely been in the lineup. It's not a big deal though....hopefully Ozzie realizes that his 33 pct off lineups are 0-2 now, while his normal starting lineups with Pods, Iguchi, Thome, PK, Dye, AJP, Crede, Uribe, and Anderson have an extremely high winning pct so far.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
Dye started the game.  He's not part of the 3 starters out that we're mad about.  I have no problem with Thome sitting today.  However, Pods should have definitely been in the lineup.  It's not a big deal though....hopefully Ozzie realizes that his 33 pct off lineups are 0-2 now, while his normal starting lineups with Pods, Iguchi, Thome, PK, Dye, AJP, Crede, Uribe, and Anderson have an extremely high winning pct so far.

Ozzie's not changing his approach. It's just not gonna happen.

jeeze, juan and anderson are terrible. maybe we can trade anderson for murton, move pods to center :ph34r:

>yea, anderson might become an all-star, but he clearly isnt ready. jeeze, i dont even think chris young would be doing as poorly if he was on the team. :banghead

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Dye started the game.  He's not part of the 3 starters out that we're mad about.  I have no problem with Thome sitting today.  However, Pods should have definitely been in the lineup.  It's not a big deal though....hopefully Ozzie realizes that his 33 pct off lineups are 0-2 now, while his normal starting lineups with Pods, Iguchi, Thome, PK, Dye, AJP, Crede, Uribe, and Anderson have an extremely high winning pct so far.

I'm not sure if Buerhle helped the cause much...

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
jeeze, juan and anderson are terrible. maybe we can trade anderson for murton, move pods to center  :ph34r:

>yea, anderson might become an all-star, but he clearly isnt ready. jeeze, i dont even think chris young would be doing as poorly if he was on the team.  :banghead

You been smoking up with freddy?

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
jeeze, juan and anderson are terrible. maybe we can trade anderson for murton, move pods to center  :ph34r:

>yea, anderson might become an all-star, but he clearly isnt ready. jeeze, i dont even think chris young would be doing as poorly if he was on the team.  :banghead

Ha...not a chance in hell Cubs would trade Murton for Anderson. Also, if you put Pods in CF, this team won't make the playoffs.

You guys with the "Sunday Lineup" complaints kill me. Seriously, you sound like you live in a video game. In the real world, human beings need this little thing called "rest", to help prevent "injuries". And the subs need playing time, or else when you do need them, they suck. And they came in yesterday from the left coast, and now have a day game after night game, and will travel again today to play tomorrow.

And oh yeah, WE WON A F***ING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WAY. It works. Its proven. And we often win games with the "Sunday Lineup". Enjoy it!

As for Buerhle, well, can't help you there. Maybe Ozzie wanted him to get his 6 in.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)

Pods isn't really a centerfielder.....

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
ball game.

let logan and Thornton finish it out.

maybe it will start raining harder.

And then go find a center fielder.

Is Randy Winn available?

Maybe San Diego would dump Cameron's salary.

Padres are not going to contend.

hope for a Royals win over the Tigers and come home and repay the Mariners.

Whats wrong with our CF'er?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:16 PM)
But why sit 3 of them at once...against a division rival?

If you read more than that one sentence of my post, you'd see the answer to that question. Day game after night, after west coast trip, travel day again.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
You guys with the "Sunday Lineup" complaints kill me.  Seriously, you sound like you live in a video game.  In the real world, human beings need this little thing called "rest", to help prevent "injuries".  And the subs need playing time, or else when you do need them, they suck.  And they came in yesterday from the left coast, and now have a day game after night game, and will travel again today to play tomorrow.

And oh yeah, WE WON A F***ING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WAY.  It works.  Its proven.  And we often win games with the "Sunday Lineup".  Enjoy it!

As for Buerhle, well, can't help you there.  Maybe Ozzie wanted him to get his 6 in.

We won the division last year because we attacked our division. Our sunday lineups were for other teams. We changed our rotation middle of the season so the top of our rotation would face our division more. We were not resting 3 and 4 starters against the Indians and the Twins last year.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
You guys with the "Sunday Lineup" complaints kill me.  Seriously, you sound like you live in a video game.  In the real world, human beings need this little thing called "rest", to help prevent "injuries".  And the subs need playing time, or else when you do need them, they suck.  And they came in yesterday from the left coast, and now have a day game after night game, and will travel again today to play tomorrow.

And oh yeah, WE WON A F***ING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP THIS WAY.  It works.  Its proven.  And we often win games with the "Sunday Lineup".  Enjoy it!

As for Buerhle, well, can't help you there.  Maybe Ozzie wanted him to get his 6 in.

Personally, I think we won the world championship in spite of the Sunday lineups :ph34r:

But its all good; tomorrow's another day...

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
We won the division last year because we attacked our division.  Our sunday lineups were for other teams.  We changed our rotation middle of the season so the top of our rotation would face our division more.  We were not resting 3 and 4 starters against the Indians and the Twins last year.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
We won the division last year because we attacked our division.  Our sunday lineups were for other teams.  We changed our rotation middle of the season so the top of our rotation would face our division more.  We were not resting 3 and 4 starters against the Indians and the Twins last year.

We were on certain days. We weren't playing the starting 9 every single game against CLE and MIN, thats for damn sure.