Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
Too bad for Buehrle. Either he steps up and adjusts, or we're going to go through this several more starts. Aces adjust. I just won't accept a shoulder shrug or "tipping our caps." He may pitch against Cleveland 3/4 more times depending on scheduling. Can't have 4 or more runs scored every game when we're battling their team down the stretch.

Agreed.

I'll take the poor outing, but come back the next one firing.

Wouldn't have mattered who was in the lineup today as Buehrle was simply not good anyway....Plus, Uribe's a regular and he's left about 8 on base so can't blame that on the Sunday Lineup....

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Wouldn't have mattered who was in the lineup today as Buehrle was simply not good anyway....Plus, Uribe's a regular and he's left about 8 on base so can't blame that on the Sunday Lineup....

You take our normal lineup, we can absorb the two non hitters in it. When you sprinkle the 3 to 4 subs with that, you take out Dye and Thome, its a formula for crap.

I'm not gonna pile on, but I've never been a fan of Uribe's offense. Pull up my old posts or ask the guys who would chat during games last year. He rarely seems to have a plan at the plate or even understand the game situation or what is required of him at any particular time. His swing is the same just about every time and nothing about it suggests that he is trying to do anything besides hit the ball as hard as he can hopefully within play and not right at someone. I've always been amazed that hits above .200.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
You take our normal lineup, we can absorb the two non hitters in it.  When you sprinkle the 3 to 4 subs with that, you take out Dye and Thome, its a formula for crap.

Woulda taken at least 8 runs...no way Ozzie takes Mark out early...

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
1-0 pirates, over the cubs, top of the 1st.  i dont know if that makes anyone feel any better so far  :ph34r:    :ph34r:    :ph34r:

The Pirates are 7-20.....they'll find a way to lose.

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)

Buehrle wet himself. The criticism concerning today's game shouldn't be with the lineup. Sunday lineups are acceptable when your supposed ace is one the mound.

You rest players when you have either Contreras or Buehrle going. These two are pitchers which almost always guarantee a quality outting. Alternatively, Guillen should concentrate on putting put the regulars when Garland and Garcia are pitching--where more than 4 runs may be required to win. This is atleast how I feel it should go.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
1-0 pirates, over the cubs, top of the 1st.  i dont know if that makes anyone feel any better so far  :ph34r:    :ph34r:    :ph34r:

I don't think anyone cares to be perfectly honest.