Gamethread 5-2-05 vs. Cleveland Injuns

Capn12

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
Agreed. Its hard to fathom taking out AJ who is hitting the cover off the ball right now.

He caught until 11 o'clock last night and now has to play a game a noon the next day, keeping your catcher fresh is one of the most important things you can do. The Indians never bench Martinez and then they wonder why he's so bad behind the plate.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
Agreed. Its hard to fathom taking out AJ who is hitting the cover off the ball right now.

Its pretty standard that the backup catcher plays the day game after a night game. That goes for most teams.

Let's hear it for a National Telecast, no mlb.tv for me. This happens about 6 times during the regular season. :gosox2: :headbang

We rained out about half of the ESPN games last year.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
AJP caught a four hour game last night, has been plunked twice in the last 3 days, and there's a tough lefty on the mound.  I have no problem with him sitting out.  My only concern is that Buehrle/Widger don't mesh well today.

Yes there is logic behind him sitting. But at the same time I can say I would like to see him in the lineup. If you read Sunday's thread when people were b****ing about him not playing I played the same card you just drew on me.

We will probably see the calls coming from the dugout again today with Widger and Buehrle as the battery.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
I don't understand how you aren't a manager yet.  Your knowledge amazes me.

I don't think he's implying he is a manager or wants to be one. However, like he said, I'm glad you are none of the SoxTalk members are the manager.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
I don't understand how you aren't a manager yet.  Your knowledge amazes me.

I've wondered that myself, you'd think I'd have received atleast a couple offers by now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
I've wondered that myself, you'd think I'd have received atleast a couple offers by now.

Patience my friend. There may be an opening up north in a few months.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)

I thought you had?

If not, that shocks the hell out of me

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
Widger calls a s***ty game.  If he is calling the pitches, mark will give up 3+ runs.

I'll take my chances with Widge instead of completely taking Mark off his game if you slow him down.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 2, 2006 -> 11:05 AM)
I thought you had?

If not, that shocks the hell out of me

The only offers I've received have been of minor league mangerial openings mainly in AA. f*** that, I only take the premo jobs.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:06 AM)
I'll take my chances with Widge instead of completely taking Mark off his game if you slow him down.

It really doesnt slow him down. You look at the dugout, get the sign, show it, pitch. I would rather have that, than have Widger's away, away, away, away, away, hit.

I swear to god if it rains I am going to be pissed..

This is the 3rd game thats been on TV for me, the other two both were delayed for hours and then called early..