Look up in the Sky!

RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
This trailer has gotten me very excitied about this film.

Bryan Singer is an excellent director and his concept on making this film a continuation of the first two Superman films is a wonderful one!

Check out a brief glimpse of Brando.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/

And he's just going to act like the EPIC third and fourth movies never existed?!?!! :bang

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 2, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
I think they are doing the same thing with the Batman movies too. Redoing them.... but better.

With comic books, all a director has to do is follow a different timeline or make one up of his own. This isnt the last X-men movie, only the last one in this series. The next spiderman movie will be the last with the current cast, but it wont be the last. Hopefully the comic book companies will demand quality instead of quantity though, because it would be very easy to just start mass-producing these things like nobodies business.

So far, I have really liked Batman, Spiderman, and the X-men movies. Superman looks like it was pretty well done too. Hopefully some of his crazier enemies start showing up in forthcoming movies, superman has fought some good ones.

/nerd rant.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
With comic books, all a director has to do is follow a different timeline or make one up of his own.   This isnt the last X-men movie, only the last one in this series.   The next spiderman movie will be the last with the current cast, but it wont be the last.   Hopefully the comic book companies will demand quality instead of quantity though, because it would be very easy to just start mass-producing these things like nobodies business.

So far, I have really liked Batman, Spiderman, and the X-men movies.   Superman looks like it was pretty well done too.  Hopefully some of his crazier enemies start showing up in forthcoming movies, superman has fought some good ones.

/nerd rant.

Where did you hear that about the Spidey films? I've heard nothing of the sort, and have actually heard that Tobey and gang are still signed on after this one, especially with the possible introduction of Venom, they would be insane to kill this cast off now.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
Where did you hear that about the Spidey films? I've heard nothing of the sort, and have actually heard that Tobey and gang are still signed on after this one, especially with the possible introduction of Venom, they would be insane to kill this cast off now.

I read that Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco have signed for 3 movies and thats all they are committed for. the hot rumor is that Jake Gyllenhal is the next spiderman.

I didnt say that the series is over, just a new cast

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Spiderman's definitely my favorite of this comic book genre of movies.  The new Batman was very good; I bet the Superman will be solid also.

I bought the new Batman right away, and I think it will be one of the best if Bale remains batman

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I read that Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco have signed for 3 movies and thats all they are committed for.  the hot rumor is that Jake Gyllenhal is the next spiderman.

That is true about the three movie deal. Maguire has also said that three spiderman's is enough for him and he will persue other things... until they offer him 25 million to come back. Gyllenhal is only rumored because he was up for it originally... and again after maguire was not sure he would be back for a second and third due to back issues.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Ugh, I don't think Jake would be very good.

I think he would have be decent if the series started off with him. The best way for them to go is someone that is lesser known... stay away from any of the top stars. Would be an awkward transition if gyllenhal took over after the third one ( doubt anyone does it other than maguire).

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ May 2, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
This trailer has gotten me very excitied about this film.

Bryan Singer is an excellent director and his concept on making this film a continuation of the first two Superman films is a wonderful one!

Check out a brief glimpse of Brando.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/

looks better than i thought it'd be...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:54 PM)
I read that Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco have signed for 3 movies and thats all they are committed for.  the hot rumor is that Jake Gyllenhal is the next spiderman.

I'm gonna get sick of the guy reeeeeal quick.