Weird? Kid Gleason?

I don't believe in curses but when I was looking into the 1919 scandal on wikipedia I found this. Did anyone know this about Kid Gleason and Comiskey? I don't ever remember this being discussed.

Curse of the Black Sox

The Curse of the Black Sox (1919 – 2005) was an urban myth, superstition, or scapegoat cited as a reason for the failure of the Chicago White Sox to win the World Series from 1917 until 2005.

After being marred by the Black Sox scandal in 1919, the White Sox franchise would not reach another World Series until 1959 and not win another World Series until 2005, when they swept the Houston Astros for their first World Series Championship in 88 years.

The Chicago White Sox defeated the Houston Astros and won the fourth and final game of the 2005 World Series and the World Championship on October 26, 2005. Coincidentally, Kid Gleason, betrayed manager of the 1919 "Black Sox" team was born on October 26. Charles Comiskey, owner of the 1919 "Black Sox," who many blame for the teams' sellout of the series, died on October 26.

Following the White Sox victory of 2005 it is likely most will consider the "Curse of the Black Sox" laid to rest.

Edited by WinningUgly85

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 5, 2006 -> 02:30 AM)
There is no curse of the Black Sox.  There never was a curse of the Black Sox.  This was something talking heads invented last year during the Sox run.

Correct. That's a cool coincidence with Gleason and Comiskey though. Not sure why, but that kind of stuff is really interesting to me.