Major Upgrades Will be Done in the next 24 HR's

Heads22

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ May 2, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
I'm not going to get another Virus, am I??????????? :angry:

We received an PM threatening us and are going to be watching very carefully. All passwords have been changed and we just want to make sure nothing is going on.

yesterday, twice when i opened the general sex lies and music page, my virus protection program with mcafee said that a trojan horse had been found in my temporary internet files and had been deleted. this happened on two different computers on two different networks at different times when loading the same page.

just an fyi

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ May 2, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
yesterday, twice when i opened the general sex lies and music page, my virus protection program with mcafee said that a trojan horse had been found in my temporary internet files and had been deleted. this happened on two different computers on two different networks at different times when loading the same page.

just an fyi

Thanks.

Hopefully when we upgrade (soon, I hope we won't have any more of this crap.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ May 2, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
I Opened this site yesterday or Sunday and got a virus called Bloodhound  that symatec caught and removed but before it digged it hugged my system resources and dropped my avail memory to 0 and almosyt blue screened me.  Was really odd but not this explains it.

I got the same message if that helps

I have tried to open the "I Loves me some Pods..." thread three different times in the last few days, and each time, Norton says there is Trojan Horse in there.

Once was at work, and I had to explain to my IT network department why they got that alert.

:ph34r:

Um, I was going to this work-related website, and...

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Well, good luck guys.  We appreciate the work you put in.  Talk to 'yall in a few days.

Hopefully it's done. Truth be told, our inital goal was to do this by Jan 1, 2006.

We're a bit behind on our goal. :lol:

QUOTE(Felix @ May 2, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)
This won't effect the neighbor sites such as TalkBears, correct?

Hopefully everything goes smoothly :)

No, there will be about a 1-3 hr outage on all our network sites as we upgrade our mysql and php to more up to date versions, however once we are done with that, we will have a temporary Soxtalk site up where people can post for 2-4 days while we get the message board software updated and upgraded.

It could be done faster, but worse case you all will have a spot to post game threads and all that type of stuff for 3-4 days.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 07:19 PM)
So it went from 1-3 days a few posts ago to 2-4 days at the beginning of your latest post to 3-4 games by the end of your post, at this rate the site will be down for a week within the hour. :(

I should note, I'm putting in worse case scenarios. Our goal is to get everything done right and if it originally takes a bit longer, so be it, as long as we get everything set up properly.

However, the front page of the site may be down for as little as an hr (depending on how long it takes for our server upgarde to go on) and than after that we'll have a temporary forum set up which could remain for as many as 3 days.

We hope it will be quicker.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 2, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
So it went from 1-3 days a few posts ago to 2-4 days at the beginning of your latest post to 3-4 games by the end of your post, at this rate the site will be down for a week within the hour. :(

The small amount of time that this will take in the long run is worth it. As the team keeps winning, more and more people will be hitting this site. I would rather have them take a few days extra and get it all taken care of, then have them feel pressured to bring it up quickly and then we suffer from it in the stretch run. People like Jabs and Mike might be twitching from not being able to post.

Hopefully a cool chat is part of the upgrade or is being thought of as a future upgrade path.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
I should note, I'm putting in worse case scenarios.  Our goal is to get everything done right and if it originally takes a bit longer, so be it, as long as we get everything set up properly.

However, the front page of the site may be down for as little as an hr (depending on how long it takes for our server upgarde to go on) and than after that we'll have a temporary forum set up which could remain for as many as 3 days.

We hope it will be quicker.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
The small amount of time that this will take in the long run is worth it.  As the team keeps winning, more and more people will be hitting this site.  I would rather have them take a few days extra and get it all taken care of, then have them feel pressured to bring it up quickly and then we suffer from it in the stretch run. People like Jabs and Mike might be twitching from not being able to post. 

Hopefully a cool chat is part of the upgrade or is being thought of as a future upgrade path.

Just to let both of you know, I was kidding.