Major Upgrades Will be Done in the next 24 HR's

Heads22

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ May 4, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
ARE WE BACK??

The site is back online. We had some delays so all the upgrades have yet to be made. THe next and final wave will be in 7 days, but we are pushing the server company to get it done before that.

After that we should be set for a long long time. We apologize for this, but we are doing our best to ensure that things will be smooth for the rest of the season and than some.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 4, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
The site is back online.  We had some delays so all the upgrades have yet to be made.  THe next and final wave will be in 7 days, but we are pushing the server company to get it done before that.

After that we should be set for a long long time.  We apologize for this, but we are doing our best to ensure that things will be smooth for the rest of the season and than some.

No need to apologize....I live off this site. You guys do a great job and I can not thank you enough.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
No need to apologize....I live off this site.  You guys do a great job and I can not thank you enough.

Actually, chisoxfn shouldn't be the one apologizing, I should be. I had an order to upgrade this stuff 6 weeks ago but I cancelled it. Well, obviously, that's biting me in the ass now.

We'll get it done this time, so hold tight.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ May 4, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Actually, chisoxfn shouldn't be the one apologizing, I should be.  I had an order to upgrade this stuff 6 weeks ago but I cancelled it.  Well, obviously, that's biting me in the ass now. 

We'll get it done this time, so hold tight.

Don't worry about it, no need for any one to apologize. Soxtalk is already the best White Sox board on the internet. :gosox2:

Edited by whitesox1976

QUOTE(Young Gun @ May 6, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Hopefully all is good now.

Actually we still have two pieces of the upgrade to go. However, an interim step was taken to ensure security until the last pieces can be completed.

At some point in the next few days we'll see a service interuption to where nothing will be up (not any soxtalk.net or anything) for a short period - for an hour or two.

Then, we will finish the last step shortly after that's done.

After those two pieces are done, we'll be fan-tas-tic.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 6, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
Any timeline on when the real skin will be back?

After we make the upgrade our skins will be changing and we'll be creating a custom one. So it will probably be about 7 days, give or take 3 days.