Is D Lee that important

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
As I posted in the other thread.  Opponents 44, Cubs 5 since Saturday.  Lee isn't THAT important, the Cubs are just a bad team in a bad league.  Wood will be back soon apparently, but he's a ticking injury bomb and Miller and Prior keep having setbacks.

i think prior is going to be awesome on a different team, im telling you someone is pulling his strings to sway to not play.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
i think prior is going to be awesome on a different team, im telling you someone is pulling his strings to sway to not play.

Even if he changes teams, Prior is still one of the biggest pussies in sports and will need to overcome that before he does anything.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ May 4, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
The cubs offense has just shut down, what the hell happened?

I was at the Game tonight and half of the team looked like they wanted to be somewhere else other half was arguing with Bill Miller on pitches that were strikes. And the Dbacks are playing much better.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
I was at the Game tonight and half of the team looked like they wanted to be somewhere else other half was arguing with Bill Miller on pitches that were strikes. And the Dbacks are playing much better.

I think it has to do with dusty baker, he just does not give them the same will to win that ozzie does. He has referred back to his excuses again.

It's b/c Dusty is a moron. He prefers unproductive veterens over young players. He should construct his lineup like this:

1. Pierre (CF)

2. Cedeno (SS)

3. Ramirez (3B)

4. Murton (LF)

5. Barrett ©

6. Walker (1B)

7. Hairston (2B)

8. Jones (RF)

9. Pitcher

He has the players to do it w/o Lee, but he's stupid

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2006 -> 08:12 AM)
I would definately say the s***ty starting pitching has been a way worse problem.  They are out of games quick.

Their pitching has been far from stellar but when you're averaging 0.84 runs per game in your last six games I would say that would be a major issue.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)

The D-Backs are a REAL sleeper team right now. They've got a real deep lineup, good infield defense up the middle with Hudson and Counsell, and Webb and their late inning pitching has been good so far.

And they've got lots of prospects to trade at the deadline if they wanted to make a run, but I wouldn't do that if I was Josh Byrnes.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 10:34 AM)
The D-Backs are a REAL sleeper team right now. They've got a real deep lineup, good infield defense up the middle with Hudson and Counsell, and Webb and their late inning pitching has been good so far.

And they've got lots of prospects to trade at the deadline if they wanted to make a run, but I wouldn't do that if I was Josh Byrnes.

All true, and they play in the worst division in baseball as well, which doesn't hurt.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ May 4, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)

A Dusty Baker team mailing it in? I've never seen that before!

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 5, 2006 -> 08:07 AM)
It's b/c Dusty is a moron. He prefers unproductive veterens over young players. He should construct his lineup like this:

1. Pierre (CF)

2. Cedeno (SS)

3. Ramirez (3B)

4. Murton (LF)

5. Barrett ©

6. Walker (1B)

7. Hairston (2B)

8. Jones (RF)

9. Pitcher

He has the players to do it w/o Lee, but he's stupid

This really isnt much different from what he is doing now. Both hairston AND Perez have sucked so far at the plate, his hands are tied at second base offensively so much that the Bynum kid started yesterday. And Barrett has been out with a sprained finger or something or another, and the automatic out Henry Blanco(except against the Sox) has been starting.

Jones has been everything that we Sox fans thought he would be though. It is inexcusable to get picked off of second twice in one week.

This really isnt much different from what he is doing now.  Both hairston AND Perez have sucked so far at the plate, his hands are tied at second base offensively so much that the Bynum kid started yesterday.  And Barrett has been out with a sprained finger or something or another, and the automatic out Henry Blanco(except against the Sox) has been starting. 

Jones has been everything that we Sox fans thought he would be though.  It is inexcusable to get picked off of second twice in one week.

Well right now he goes

1. Pierre (CF)

2. Cedeno (SS)

3. Walker (1B)

4. Ramirez (3B)

5. Murton (LF)

6. Jones (RF)

7. Barrett ©

8. Hairston (2B)

9. Pitcher

If you put Ramirez in the 3 hole and Murton behind him, he might get some better pitches. And then if you put Walker in the 6 hole, Barrett, Jones and Hairston also get some better pitches to hit. While his injury definatly is a blow, IMO he still has the peices to contend, but he just doesn't use them right.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 6, 2006 -> 12:18 AM)
Juan Pierre has a f***ing cannon, did you see him nearly nail Greene at the plate!?!?!?!?!

Seriously. San Diego really needs to cut that infield grass, did you see how it miraculously slowed down Pierre's throw? What a travesty.

Someone tell Jerry Hairston he doesnt have to run to the pitchers mound when someone steals a base. Nice tag buddy :D