Is D Lee that important

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
As I posted in the other thread.  Opponents 44, Cubs 5 since Saturday.  Lee isn't THAT important, the Cubs are just a bad team in a bad league.  Wood will be back soon apparently, but he's a ticking injury bomb and Miller and Prior keep having setbacks.

Kerry Wood has more simulated game starts than regular game starts.

:D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:34 PM)
And they've got lots of prospects to trade at the deadline if they wanted to make a run, but I wouldn't do that if I was Josh Byrnes.

I can say with almost 100% certainty that they won't be doing that.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump some veterans at the deadline. This D-Backs team isn't built for this year -- they're looking at '07 and beyond.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ May 7, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
I can say with almost 100% certainty that they won't be doing that.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them dump some veterans at the deadline.  This D-Backs team isn't built for this year -- they're looking at '07 and beyond.

Not built for this year? Aren't they in 1st right now?

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 7, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Not built for this year?  Aren't they in 1st right now?

They have a lot of overperforming vets and green youngsters, they'll start to fade soon. Their farm system is so f***ing stacked though that they should be good very soon and keep up that winning for a while. If they move a few players like Tony Clark and others they could add a few more young players to their future plans.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
They have a lot of overperforming vets and green youngsters, they'll start to fade soon.  Their farm system is so f***ing stacked though that they should be good very soon and keep up that winning for a while. If they move a few players like Tony Clark and others they could add a few more young players to their future plans.

That division is pretty awful. Maybe even as bad as last year. I could see them hanging around for a while.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 13, 2006 -> 05:01 PM)
The Cubs went into the 9th inning with a 3-1 lead, and Mike Piazza hit a 3 run HR. :lol:

Cubs vs Padres

They have now lost 13 or their last 15.

LMFAO!!!!! They are on a fast track straight to hell the way they're going.

And I couldnt be any happier.

:D