ESPN AM 1000: Programming Changes

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Why?  The Cubs organization is a joke that cares only about the bottom line, while 9 miles to the south you have the defending champs who are going balls out to defend a World Title.  The Cubs are based on every T.V. and Radio station other than 720 on the dial and 9 on the tube, and deserve every bit of s*** they get.

Easy Tiger, I said ALMOST. :D

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Easy Tiger, I said ALMOST.  :D

True, but also I wouldn't call it Cub bashing, as that implies the Cubs don't deserve all the s*** they get. The Cubs actually get a free ride, and even NOW aren't getting a hard enough time. How can a team with a 92 million dollar payroll in a HORRIBLE league be that bad?? And what do they do as a result, they give their HORRIBLE GM an extension and are trying to give their HORRIBLE manager the same. It's amazing, even for the Cubs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:47 PM)
True, but also I wouldn't call it Cub bashing, as that implies the Cubs don't deserve all the s*** they get.  The Cubs actually get a free ride, and even NOW aren't getting a hard enough time.  How can a team with a 92 million dollar payroll in a HORRIBLE league be that bad??  And what do they do as a result, they give their HORRIBLE GM an extension and are trying to give their HORRIBLE manager the same.  It's amazing, even for the Cubs.

Fair enough. Lets call it Inviting Cubs criticisms then. I mean, even Murphy is on their tail now, and that surprised me completely. He was hanging off of Hendry and Dustys wangs for the past 3 years, and now he is even sick of it. You know the s*** has hit the fan when he is supporting this wrigly protest.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:51 PM)
Fair enough.  Lets call it Inviting Cubs criticisms then.  I mean, even Murphy is on their tail now, and that surprised me completely.  He was hanging off of Hendry and Dustys wangs for the past 3 years, and now he is even sick of it.  You know the s*** has hit the fan when he is supporting this wrigly protest.

Ehhh, Murphy has hated Dusty for a while now and has been a bit iffy at best with Hendry, and completely turned on him after this s*** offseason. He may be bad on radio and a stupid ass Cub homer, but Murp at least is honest with the Cubs for the most part.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:08 AM)
LMAO, that is STRIKE ONE USC boy!

Now he's slobbering all over Dusty Baker's nuts. This is disgusting, if this f*** is just going to be an apologist for everything Cubs, this show will not last.

"Find me 5 coaches in baseball that are better than Dusty Baker."

-Salisbury.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
Now he's slobbering all over Dusty Baker's nuts. This is disgusting, if this f*** is just going to be an apologist for everything Cubs, this show will not last.

"Find me 5 coaches in baseball that are better than Dusty Baker."

-Salisbury.

Translated: Find me a postion on a sports debate in Chicago that will get me more emails/phonecalls than siding with Dusty Baker right now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:19 AM)
Translated:  Find me a postion on a sports debate in Chicago that will get me more emails/phonecalls than siding with Dusty Baker right now.

Ugh, he's always loved Dusty too. On SportsCenter they used to do a segment where they'd take an anylist for one sport and have them talk about another, which is a retarded concept. Anyway, he always used to talk about how great Dusty is and he hasn't changed a bit, it all dates back to his California ties where he watched Dusty when he was on the Dodgers and saw him coach SF.

This will be the last time I listen to this show but I feel I have to listen to it atleast once just so I can b**** about it.

So you have 1 guy who is 100% football and another guy who is mostly football hosting a radio show. You want to talk some Cubs baseball so who do you call up to help supplement the conversation? A former baseball player? NO. A reporter who covers baseball? f*** NO. You call DITKA!

These guys have been on for 1 hour and some people have had it and are ripping them.

It sucks what happened to Silvy and Carm, especially cuz it seemed they were getting popular, but sheesh.

S&C were popular at nights before, hopefully it happens again and they can be moved back to middays at some point. Thing is their target audience is usually in school or work when they are on.

One of them called the Steelers, the Philadelphia Steelers.

And today they kept on saying that Angelo should have take a good TE early in the draft. to bad he does not know that the bears use TE for blocking not catching. That’s like getting running shoes to Ron Santo for x-mass.

QUOTE(whitem0nkey @ May 10, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
And now they just called the KC royals, the KC chiefs.

And they don’t know what beer is sold at the cell.

This is a national show attempting to be local.

i wonder if they know that cub and sox fans usually don’t get along.

Despite all your complaining, it seems you are still listening.

Its not a bad show so far. They are doing decent coverage of the sox on it.

The funniest comment so far is when Salisbury stated, maybe the reason the cubs are covered more is the lure of Wrigley. Yeah, thats it. Not the fact that the Wrigley corporation that owns one of the 2 papers, and the superstation in town also owns the cubs.

Yeah the reason is the lure of the Urinal.

Yeah i enjoyed the show too. And thats surprising since on ESPN i usually found Salisbury or whatevr annoying. I guess when your restricted to the East Coast teams its hard to do a good job. In fact I used to be a hardcore Score guy but now Im liking ESPN way more. The only show ill listen to is on the Score anymore is Mike North. Dont ask why I just find it hilarious.