NAME W L ERA

Hernandez, Orlando 2 3 6.39

Vizcaino, Luiz 1 2 2.40

Marte, Damaso 0 1 2.08

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 5, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Marte's ERA is nice. Vizcaino's is too.

Marte's ERA is nice because he allows inherited runners to score. How soon we forget. The few times I have seen him pitch he came in with runners on, let them score, and then got out of the inning.

Marte with RISP 5.40 ERA, with RISP 2/outs 9.00, w/ bases loaded 13.50

Good riddance.

Edited by Sox1422

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ May 5, 2006 -> 08:38 PM)
And they're both higher than Boone Logan's

ERA is a deceiving stat fro relievers

Word. A guy could be allowing a s***load of inherited runs while keeping his ERA relatively low, but his WHIP ratio is gonna take a beating. BAA could be a little deceiving too because walks aren't taken into account. Walks are the biggest killer in baseball IMO, and WHIP almost always tells me the story. I can't really think of any exceptions.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Word.  A guy could be allowing a s***load of inherited runs while keeping his ERA relatively low, but his WHIP ratio is gonna take a beating.  BAA could be a little deceiving too because walks aren't taken into account.  Walks are the biggest killer in baseball IMO, and WHIP almost always tells me the story.  I can't really think of any exceptions.

After looking at the numbers, he only has 2 walks and 12 K's. Not bad. Looks like he has been giving up a lot of Sac flies.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
In Damaso's last 7 appearances (6 2/3 innings pitched), he has a 0.00 ERA, 9 Ks, 1 BB, and 3 hits allowed.  He's on one of his little hot streaks.

didn't he face the cubs in the last 7 :) . I hope all of our former players do well, that is the fun of this team, new year, new mission.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
In Damaso's last 7 appearances (6 2/3 innings pitched), he has a 0.00 ERA, 9 Ks, 1 BB, and 3 hits allowed.  He's on one of his little hot streaks.

If his head is right, he is one of the most dominant relievers in the game. I am one of the few that really hated to see him go, but I think Mack will be a good player for the Sox. Marte did get a WS win.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
If his head is right, he is one of the most dominant relievers in the game. I am one of the few that really hated to see him go, but I think Mack will be a good player for the Sox. Marte did get a WS win.

Exactly. Damaso is as mentally fragile as they come, but god damn is that guy gifted.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)

Sorry but I shat my pants every time we gave him the rock. He's a coin toss.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
How about an update on Shingoooooooooo ?

He's playing for the Yakult Swallows

Player W L ERA GP GS CG ShO Hld GF Sv IP H R ER HR BB SO OBA

Takatsu 1 1 9.00 10 0 0 0 1 6 0 7.0 6 7 7 0 6 3 .250