Those who have left us...

jasonxctf

QUOTE(Jim Spencer @ May 6, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)
Joe Borchard went 3-5 for the Marlins last night  :cheers

Now that's quite interesting. Only 1 K in 8 AB's for the Fishies so far. Perfect situation for him out there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 6, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Rowand lost it and got tossed tonight.

I heard about that I miss Rowand, still disappointed in trading him for Thome, especially since Anderson isnt fairing too well but it was a good chocie in the end. I like Boone from what I have seen he has done a nice job as a rookie from single A, so I give him props for that.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Every time you start to miss Rowand, just take a look at where Thome ranks amongst AL hitters in the major power categories.

^^^ = :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Rowand was a great player but Thome's production just slaps the s*** out of his.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
In Frank Thomas' last career 210 ABs, he's hitting under .200. Frank Thomas under the Mendoza line for over 200 ABs is something I don't think anyone would ever envision seeing. I guess he really is in his prime.

His career OPS has dropped from .997 to .990 thus far in 2006. It's not looking too good for Big Frank right about now.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
His career OPS has dropped from .997 to .990 thus far in 2006.  It's not looking too good for Big Frank right about now.

Frank really should have hung it up after last season. Even though I despise his whiny attitude and big mouth I still think its a shame to see an old great like that struggle along like that.

I want to have the Frank Thomas of old embedded in my mind as to what Frank Thomas was about, but he is making that impossible in the past 4 years. His foot just cannot take it anymore and he is just too stubborn to admit it.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:31 PM)
His career OPS has dropped from .997 to .990 thus far in 2006.  It's not looking too good for Big Frank right about now.

Not having a 1.000+ OPS at the end of his career is going to affect his chances at the hall of fame. 1.000+ looks so sexy for a career mark.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
Not having a 1.000+ OPS at the end of his career is going to affect his chances at the hall of fame. 1.000+ looks so sexy for a career mark.

Anything above .950 in 10,000 plate appearances (give or take 1000) is golden, though. It'll be good enough for Top 20 or Top 25 in the history of the game IIRC.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
Anything above .950 in 10,000 plate appearances (give or take 1000) is golden, though.  It'll be good enough for Top 20 or Top 25 in the history of the game IIRC.

This is true but at the same time a 1.000+ would have put him in the same club as Babe Ruth (1.1638) Ted Williams (1.1155) Lou Gehrig (1.0798) Barry Bonds (1.0533) Todd Helton (1.0404) Jimmie Foxx (1.0376) Albert Pujols (1.0372) Hank Greenberg (1.0169) Rogers Hornsby (1.0103) and Manny Ramirez (1.0076) as the only players in the history of the game to put up a 1.000+ OPS for a career, though Manny, Helton and Pujols could possibly drop out of this club by the time their careers are over. That is one hell of an exclusive club.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:00 PM)
This is true but at the same time a 1.000+ would have put him in the same club as Babe Ruth (1.1638) Ted Williams (1.1155) Lou Gehrig (1.0798) Barry Bonds (1.0533) Todd Helton (1.0404) Jimmie Foxx (1.0376) Albert Pujols (1.0372) Hank Greenberg (1.0169) Rogers Hornsby (1.0103) and Manny Ramirez (1.0076) as the only players in the history of the game to put up a 1.000+ OPS for a career, though Manny, Helton and Pujols could possibly drop out of this club by the time their careers are over. That is one hell of an exclusive club.

Yeah, tell me about it.

How many White Sox Alumni are actually playing on other teams this year? Not just guys from the World Champs, but any player currently playing that spent any time in the Sox organization.

How would this compare to other teams? Just curious.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
How many White Sox Alumni are actually playing on other teams this year? Not just guys from the World Champs, but any player currently playing that spent any time in the Sox organization.

How would this compare to other teams? Just curious.

Position Players:

Mike Cameron (SD) .230 AVG

Ray Durham (SF) .203 AVG

Jeremy Reed (SEA) .188 AVG

Aaron Miles (STL) .292 AVG

Josh Paul (TB) .250 AVG

Greg Norton (TB) .200 AVG

D'Angelo Jiminez (TX) .208 AVG

Jose Valentin (NYM) .185 AVG

Julio Franco (NYM) .220 AVG

Ruben Sierra (MN) .188 AVG

Tony Graffanino (KC) .143 AVG

Carlos Lee (MIL) 1.064 OPS

Magglio Ordonez (DET) .915 OPS

Sandy Alomar Jr. (LA) .375 AVG

Olmedo Saenz (LA) .313 AVG

Kenny Lofton (LA) .320 OBP

Miguel Olivo (FLA) .232 AVG

Royce Clayton (WASH) .235 AVG

Pitchers:

Keith Foulke (BOS) 0.89 WHIP

Bobby Howry (CHI) 0.87 WHIP

Scott Eyre (CHI) 1.10 WHIP

David Wells (BOS) Injured

Bartolo Colon (ANA) Injured

Kip Wells (PIT) Injured

Josh Fogg (COL) 1.40 WHIP

Jason Grilli (DET) 1.63 WHIP

Gary Majewski (WASH) 1.40 WHIP

Jon Rauch (WASH) 0.93 WHIP

Chad Bradford (NYM) 1.60 WHIP

Darren Oliver (NYM) 1.10 WHIP

Tanyon Sturtze (NYY) 1.40 WHIP

Esteban Loaiza (OAK) 8.35 ERA

Tom Gordon (PHIL) 0.61 WHIP

Roberto Hernandez (PIT) 1.60 WHIP

Jon Adkins (SD) 2.63 WHIP

Scott Schoeneweis (TOR) 1.31 WHIP

I'll take some of those relivers back. :D

Tom Gordon? :notworthy

if there was one guy i would love to keep right now its Vizcaino.

So far the Thome deal looks pretty damn good. Were not missing Rowand too much.

Marte just flat out lost his nasty command. I Don't miss him. However, Mackowiack hasn't shown me anything other than a few solid defensive stops.

Vazquez is waayy better than El-duque. However the Vizcaino part of the deal kind of hurts. Our bullpen is just not as strong as last years. And Vizcaino has nasty stuff. I would much rather have Vizcaino over Boone Logan. He is just not ready for the big leagues.