Easy way to start an argument in Chicago.

DePloderer

Who serves the best deep dish pizza?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who serves the best deep dish pizza?

• Giordanos
    • Lou Malnati's
    • Pizzaria Uno
    • Edwardos
    • Connie's
    • Other, stipulate below

Having read a load of "Chicago Visitor" sites lately and realising that we must experience a deep dish pizza while we are in Chicago, no one can come up with the definitive article.

So I reckon this poll might be the answer, heated debate is acceptable but please, no throwing food at each other.

Many thanks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
For deep dish, CERTAIN Giordano's restaurants.  They were a 'can't miss' at one point.  Now you have to be selective about which location you go to.

For thin, Falco's on Archer.  You've never heard of it and you'll probably never go there.

Thin crust is a better argument IMO, because there are actually huge differences between the pizzas. My favs are Mrs T's in DG and Dags downtown. Also Pats and Pequods is good too.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Malnati's gets my vote.  But do not leave the city without tryng cracker crust Chicago pizza as well.  That is the true Chicago pizza and  :fight to any who say differently.

where is that?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Thin crust is a better argument IMO, because there are actually huge differences between the pizzas.  My favs are Mrs T's in DG and Dags downtown.  Also Pats and Pequods is good too.

Fox's, Baracco's, or Chucks on south Western in Beverly would be my choices.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 5, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Thin crust is a better argument IMO, because there are actually huge differences between the pizzas.  My favs are Mrs T's in DG and Dags downtown.  Also Pats and Pequods is good too.

Pequods, is that near Webster Place Theater? Is that still there?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 5, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
I think so, I used to order that when I lived in LP.  That and pats.

Be advised, Pequod's (the one at Clybourn and Webster) is currently closed for renovations, opening back up sometime in the next month or so I think.

For Chicago style thick:

1. Eduardo's

2. Lou Malnati's

3. Uno's

For thin crust/cracker crust:

1. Barnaby's

2. Jake's

Other:

1. Home Run Inn makes a medium thickness, buttery heart-clogging cheese-laden disaster of a pizza, and it tastes REALLY good.

2. Pequod's

Pizzeria Due is the best in my book, although Uno's and Lou Malnati's are very similar. Make sure you don't go to one of the Pizzeria Uno chain restaurants though. They're owned by the same guy, but the pizza is drastically inferior to the two original locations. Home Run Inn is another favorite of mine.