Easy way to start an argument in Chicago.

DePloderer

Who serves the best deep dish pizza?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who serves the best deep dish pizza?

• Giordanos
    • Lou Malnati's
    • Pizzaria Uno
    • Edwardos
    • Connie's
    • Other, stipulate below

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 7, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
I don't like Lou Malnatti's. I like Giordano's and Edwardos. I also like Domino's, since I work there

And there you have it, DePlod. Anyone who suggests Domino's>Lou's, they only mean trouble. It's like saying Danielle Steele>Charles Dickens. What more can you say? Enjoy yr Lou.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 7, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
I'm having some Lou's out of the freezer tonight.  Bada bing.

I worship Lou's, but, at the one I usually go to they've been cutting down on the amount of sausage on a pizza.  They'll put the old wheel-of-sausage on it if you ask, but you have to ask now.  Anyone else find this?

Too many High-Rise Men in the city, complaining about beautiful, glorious cholesterol...

That's the deciding factor on whether people love or hate Lou's. Personally, I like to be able to bite into a slice and not tear off a 2 lb. slab of meat.

Ok, that's enough discussion on large meat and sausage for me.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 7, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
And there you have it, DePlod.  Anyone who suggests Domino's>Lou's, they only mean trouble.  It's like saying Danielle Steele>Charles Dickens.  What more can you say?  Enjoy yr Lou.

Thanks everyone, not being a native, I'm sure we'd love anybody's deep dish, but Lou's it is.

Now we've just got to sort breakfast out. As we'll be having a few of these, maybe this discision isn't quite so crucial.

Don't worry, I won't be asking which hot dog stand we need to to frequent or open up the topic of ketchup or no ketchup. :)

Edited by DePloderer

Out here in Boulder there is this place called Old Chicago (I think there is some in the IL area but I have never seen them) Everytime I see the commercial where they talk about thier Chicago Style deep dish and the guy lifts his hand and shows like a half an inch I want to huck my remote at the TV. I have renamed the place Fo Chicago and refuse to step foot in there. On the other hand, there is a place here called Mustards Last Stand. The guy that owns it is from the southside and always gives me discounts when I wear my sox hat. Has a wall where people can bring pictures in of thier favorite Hot Dog stand.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:23 PM)
Out here in Boulder there is this place called Old Chicago (I think there is some in the IL area but I have never seen them) Everytime I see the commercial where they talk about thier Chicago Style deep dish and the guy lifts his hand and shows like a half an inch I want to huck my remote at the TV. I have renamed the place Fo Chicago and refuse to step foot in there. On the other hand, there is a place here called Mustards Last Stand. The guy that owns it is from the southside and always gives me discounts when I wear my sox hat. Has a wall where people can bring pictures in of thier favorite Hot Dog stand.

They even have them in Iowa.

And there you have it, DePlod.  Anyone who suggests Domino's>Lou's, they only mean trouble.  It's like saying Danielle Steele>Charles Dickens.  What more can you say?  Enjoy yr Lou.

I don't mean no trouble, I just don't like Lou Malnatti's. I also like Dominicks, as you get a 16-inch pizza for 5 bucks on Friday. That pizza is quite good. But Edwardo's and Giordano's kick ass

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 7, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
Don't worry, I won't be asking which hot dog stand we need to to frequent or open up the topic of ketchup or no ketchup. :)

If you did ask the question about the best hot dog stand, the answer wpild be Fat Johnny's on South Western. :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(DePloderer @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
Thanks everyone, not being a native, I'm sure we'd love anybody's deep dish, but Lou's it is.

Now we've just got to sort breakfast out. As we'll be having a few of these, maybe this discision isn't quite so crucial.

It seems you made your decision - Lou's is awful good but having worked for Ike Sewell the original owner of Pizzeria Uno and Due - Pizzeria Due is the best!

Lou Malnatti was one of the first managers at Pizzeria Uno and left to start his own chain - they do have great pizza you can't lose either way!

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
I know I've seen that name on a sign. Where is that exactly? Is that near Addison and Damen, right on the corner?

Close...its on Southport and Addison. I am pretty sure there are a couple others in the chicagoland area.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
I know I've seen that name on a sign. Where is that exactly? Is that near Addison and Damen, right on the corner?

theres one on Ogden and Grand as well, I go there alot. The crust is so think you could easily handle a large solo.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:06 PM)
That's the one.

The 'experts' chime in.

http://chicago.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/2005/pizza

There is no way that Gino's East belongs in the top 5, and I'd argue it shouldn't be in the top 10. I'd also bump Giordano's down a few places. I honestly haven't tried some of the ones toward the bottom.

Edited by ZoomSlowik