Rep. Patrick Kennedy entering Rehab

Anything short of Kennedy killing somebody while driving under the influence would be forgiven by the liberal media.

Oh wait. That statement has been proven incorrect, hasn't it?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
And it only took five posts!

Once we elect a cokehead president, I guess a pill addiction really isn't a big deal, is it?

I'm shocked I waited that long.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:24 AM)
Anything short of Kennedy killing somebody while driving under the influence would be forgiven by the liberal media. 

Oh wait.  That statement has been proven incorrect, hasn't it?

haha

burn

QUOTE(bmags @ May 7, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
liberal liberal liberal liberal liberal, liberal liberal liberal, liberal liberal. Lib lib liberal liberal liberal. Liberal liberal liberal.

-Yasny

Would you prefer dummycrats?

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ May 7, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
And it only took five posts!

Once we elect a cokehead president, I guess a pill addiction really isn't a big deal, is it?

just because michael moore says something in his faux documentaries does not make it true. if bush had gone to rehab for using blow, i think we could make this comparison only then.

admittedly, kennedy jr. and rush have tons in common. :drink

QUOTE(samclemens @ May 8, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
just because michael moore says something in his faux documentaries does not make it true. if bush had gone to rehab for using blow, i think we could make this comparison only then.

admittedly, kennedy jr. and rush have tons in common. :drink

Coverage of the story by MSM not being one of them.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:06 AM)
Just for the sake of me not jumping to conclusions, please elaborate on this.

How many pills was he taking?

Who prescribed them?

Why wasn't he given a sobriety test?

Why was his first statement that night: Alcohol played no part in this accident. But the

following day he says he does not remember even getting into his car?

Just a few questions the MSM also would not ask if this were a Repub. representative.

It seems to me that the MSM would want to cover this story after Kennedy was involved in another accident

several weeks before the Washington accident.

I guess the press is not allowed in Camelot.

There's a reasonable explanation for this. The media only reports on what sells. It's all about the $$$$. Apparently, a radio talk show host is more newsworthy than a Rhode Island congressman. Apparently, the name Limbaugh resonates with more people than the name Kennedy. I mean, who's ever given a rat's ass about anybody named Kennedy in this country? :rolly

I'm sorry - exactly when did the honorable congressman become a part of a two year long investigation regarding felonies in the state of Florida that he chose to battle by talking about it to 20 million listeners nearly every week and taking out full page ads in newspapers across Florida? When did the honorable congressman try to extend the story by fighting it in the media?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Yasny is right

if this was a Republican all the major networks would be all over this... there would be a 5 part installment of 'dateline NBC' in the works.

If it was a Bush or any other big Republican out there it would be probably. The only reason why this is getting publicity is because it's a Kennedy. It must be alright to do it if a Kennedy can do it.

Classy:

http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/The...06/kennedy.html

During a briefing with reporters yesterday, Majority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he was aware of Rep. Patrick Kennedy’s (D-R.I,) substance-abuse problem and had “noticed it before.”

In response to a question about the handling of Kennedy’s early-morning car accident by the Capitol Police, Boehner indicated that it would be easier to make a judgment when all of the facts are released. He then elaborated on the question, saying he had known of Kennedy’s problem.

“For those who have been around here, worked here, he has been fighting this disease for a long time, as has been testified to by the articles that are out there,” Boehner said. “And it is a shame, but I am glad he is seeking treatment.”

Robin Costello, a spokeswoman for Kennedy, said she did not know of a specific incident that Boehner could be referring to.

“I’d like to think it’s his way of saying he wishes the congressman well,” she said.

A Boehner spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Kennedy checked himself into the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., on Friday evening to seek treatment for a prescription-drug addiction.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
But he's a Kennedy and that automatically counts for something.

Which is why this has a thread and the Republican Congressman who got a DUI last year did not, as far as I know, have a thread of his own.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
Which is why this has a thread and the Republican Congressman who got a DUI last year did not, as far as I know, have a thread of his own.

I never said it was fair, I never said it was right, that's just the way it is. He's a Kennedy and he'll be in the spotlight more than most others.