Cubs Lose, Its Bush's Fault

Thursday night I am having a conversation with a die-hard Cub fan when he made the best reach to explain the Cubs woes I have ever heard. We started out talking about the injuries the Cubs are suffering and the overall roster. In a nutshell, here is how the conversation went.

Cubs play poor fundimental baseball. >

Cubs are riddled with injuries. >

Cubs make poor roster choices >

Cubs make poor management choices. >

Cubs sell thier best tickets to a shell company of Trib. Co. >

Trib Co is an unethical company because the inflated distribution numbers to jack up ad revenue. >

The Bush administration is responsible for creating a culture in which CEOs lie to up stock prices. >

GWB is responsible for the Cubs poor performance.

It took almost an hour to weave through conversation but that is where this genius ended up was that Bush was to blame for the Cubs current situation. I was stunned. He was dead serious. Talk about running out of s*** to blame....

:lol: happy45.gif

rofl.gif

The real reasons are much easier to figure out:

They don't spend their money wisely.

Their two "marquee" pitchers are always injured, but never SO injured that they give up on them and look for two new pitchers.

Their manager is a substitute teacher who never holds them accountable for bad play and makes excuses for them.

Their fans hold no expectations of them, and fill the ballpark no matter what the W-L record.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 6, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
That's not true. They boo all the time. At least that's what I've seen when watching the games on the idiot box

Yeah but as long as they show up, fill the place up and drink tons of their overpriced s***ty old style beer then why should the Flubbs management even care?

Yeah but as long as they show up, fill the place up and drink tons of their overpriced s***ty old style beer then why should the Flubbs management even care?

Good point. I bet the boo birds will get to a point however, where management will be forced to do something, maybe 10-15 years down the road when the tide turns and this becomes a Sox town.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 6, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
That's not true. They boo all the time. At least that's what I've seen when watching the games on the idiot box

Their real fans boo and then the "drunken frat boys and trixies" just boo because everyone else is. Half the time when they show the crows, they're laughing as they boo.

Ok...I can't resist...

GW Bush trades Sosa to the White Sox. The White Sox want to win, and therefore trade Sosa for George Bell. Sosa develops into a cult hero on the North Side, and their fans spend 10 years adapting to losing 10-2 with 1 of those 2 home runs coming on a late Sosa home run. The Cub fans get in the habit of buying up ballpark tickets like crazy no matter how well the team performs, and always go home drunk and happy thanks to Sosa. The management realizes they don't have to spend as much on players as they should, or build a quality team, as long as that stadium doesn't fall apart too much. Even after Sosa leaves, this pattern continues.

Therefore...the Cubs' current state of perpetual suckiness can be linked to George W. Bush.

Happy everyone?