Victor Zambrano of the Mets...

YASNY

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:18 PM)
Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir might be the only really good trade in Devil Rays history

The Danys Baez trade wasn't too shabby either.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir might be the only really good trade in Devil Rays history, but damn what a trade it was.  I believe it was actually one of Minaya's first moves as GM of the Mets, oops!

Wasn't that back when Jim Duquette was still the GM?

Also, this might force the Mets to move Mike Pelfrey quickly through the system as well.

Tough luck for the Mets. They have three starters down (Maine, Zambrano and Bannister) and it seems like Zambrano's replacement will be Jose Lima. The Mets might want to ride the four-man rotation for a while since they have the next two Mondays off.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 7, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)

Also, this might force the Mets to move Mike Pelfrey quickly through the system as well.

Yes. Many people think that trade was the reason Minaya was brought in.

There was also the BBTN rumor that Zito would be available for Milledge. I don't think the Mets would do that, just throwing it out as another possibility.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)

they were planning on moving pelfrey quickly anyway, this just gives them more incentive. i hope the mets can stop the bleeding. my bro's a mets fan and a sox v. mets world series is kinda my dream because of that. (it also makes me a little bit of a mets fan)