Home Run Hitters...

Given the top 5 HR hitters in MLB, here is what they are on pace to hit....

1) A Pujols- Games:30 HR:16... Pace:83

2) C Lee - Games:31 HR:13..... Pace: 66

3) J Thome - Games:30 HR:13... Pace: 70

4) L Berkman - Games:30 HR:11... Pace: 59

5) C Delgado - Games:29 HR:11... Pace: 59

WOW!!!

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
Either one would be good, but do you think there would be steriod questions if it was Thome, since he's 35 and coming off 2 major injuries last year? I don't think he's on the juice, but do you think there would be the same scrutiny around him as Bonds?

He's being tested. I don't see how there can be a question unless he comes up with a positive test result.

This is obvious, but I guess I'll just say it. Most of those guys are likely to drop off to some degree, but it's crazy to think that this many guys are on such a hot pace when it's yet to get hot outside. I don't know how it is everywhere else, but it seems to be cooler in Boston than it usually is at this time.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ May 7, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Bonds should go jump of a bridge....with his needles.

I cant stand that joke.

If you saw SAW 2, do you remember the part where that dude throws the chick into the hole full of syringes? Barry Bonds donated most of em instead of throwing em out with his weekly trash.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 7, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)
If you saw SAW 2, do you remember the part where that dude throws the chick into the hole full of syringes?  Barry Bonds donated most of em instead of throwing em out with his weekly trash.

You're such a cynic. Bonds is in the prime of his mother f***ing life!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 7, 2006 -> 03:41 PM)
Apparently you want the answer to be yes.  Yes, Jim Thome will be under steroid scrutiny. :rolly

I'll bet he would be if he broke the homerun record. Everyone will be, to a point, who hit homers like whoa in the 1990s. Thomas, too. Thome's clearly legit, as is Thomas and people like Griffey, but Bonds, McGwire, they've cast a shadow on them all to at least some extent.

I'll bet he would be if he broke the homerun record. Everyone will be, to a point, who hit homers like whoa in the 1990s. Thomas, too. Thome's clearly legit, as is Thomas and people like Griffey, but Bonds, McGwire, they've cast a shadow on them all to at least some extent.

^^^^^^^^^^^

That's what I meant when mentioning steriod scrutiny. I do believe however, that Thome is clean

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^

That's what I meant when mentioning steriod scrutiny. I do believe however, that Thome is clean

i dont think that could possibly be in question. thome, to me, seems like one of the classiest guys i've ever encountered. i dont think he'd touch steroids in a million years.

also, big diff between 35 and 40...