Moving to Indianapolis

AssHatSoxFan

So I will be starting my new job in Indy at the beginning of June and was wondering if anyone in the area knew of some good places/areas to live

I will be working downtown just near the baseball field so I am not sure if there are some good or cheap places near there or other areas of the city where I should look

Any advice would be helpful

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:08 PM)
Advice:

Dont move to Indianapolis

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 7, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Ditto.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 7, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^

and

^^^^^^^^^^

f*** Indianapolis. Move to Chicago.

Guest JimH

Check out the Broad Ripple area, not that far from downtown. Maybe a 20 minute commute. Lots of young people there, places to go, eat, etc. Really clean and friendly part of town.

Indy isnt bad. The downtown area is actually somewhat nice, alot of good chain restaurants and bars like the Red headed Piano bar. Also there is an awesome cigar bar in downtown indy called Nick-somethings. Probably my fav bar of all time.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Check out the Broad Ripple area, not that far from downtown.  Maybe a 20 minute commute.  Lots of young people there, places to go, eat, etc.  Really clean and friendly part of town.

Most definitely, got a friend who lives there and loves it.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
Indy isnt bad.  The downtown area is actually somewhat nice, alot of good chain restaurants and bars like the Red headed Piano bar.  Also there is an awesome cigar bar in downtown indy called Nick-somethings.  Probably my fav bar of all time.

The drinks I got in Indy were even more watered down than the ones i'm getting out here..

I haven't been to Indy in several years, but I can only imagine it has gotten better. About 20 years ago, they made a conscious choice to clean up the downtown area and grow based on sports.

The biggest things you need to know is that the downtown area is pretty clean and safe. As previously mentioned, Broad Ripple area has many bars/entertainment for 20somethings. Listen to Bob & Tom every day and you will laugh your ass off!

As far as living, Greenwood, which is just SW of the city wasn't too bad an area in the past. Aside from there, most of the better areas are north of the city. Castleton, Fishers, Carmel, etc. They aren't gonna be cheap though. Then again, you get what you pay for.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
I haven't been to Indy in several years, but I can only imagine it has gotten better.  About 20 years ago, they made a conscious choice to clean up the downtown area and grow based on sports.

The biggest things you need to know is that the downtown area is pretty clean and safe.  As previously mentioned, Broad Ripple area has many bars/entertainment for 20somethings.  Listen to Bob & Tom every day and you will laugh your ass off!

As far as living, Greenwood, which is just SW of the city wasn't too bad an area in the past.  Aside from there, most of the better areas are north of the city.  Castleton, Fishers, Carmel, etc.  They aren't gonna be cheap though.  Then again, you get what you pay for.

Zionsville is probably the nicest area in the entire state of Indiana from what I've seen. Carmel is up there too.

Oh I can't wait to move back to Indiana one day.