Another notable thing about Crede

jenksd

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
You say your are on the same side but you tell him to shutup. Do you really think its a good idea to tell other people to shutup with only 25 posts... I mean unless your looking to get banned.

I'm on the same side as far as the team goes. And anyone who isn't should get booted. All I'm saying is that his analysis needs more looking at. All I'm trying to do is promote a more complete way of looking at players. Nothing more than that.

Go Sox.

"You say your are on the same side but you tell him to shutup. Do you really think its a good idea to tell other people to shutup with only 25 posts... I mean unless your looking to get banned."

Oh God here we go again with the post count numbers. The guy has a point with that stats, but I disagree with him. I think a groundball out has a lot better outcome than a strike out just because of the confidence factor, which most sabermetricaticions (is that a word?) tend to forget about. If I strike out against pitcher A then I feel bad and my teammates feel bad, but not as bad if I made contact, preferably solid contact against the pitcher A. It also gives the batters behind me more confidence that this guy is hittable and that you just need to focus and hit it in the gaps, corners, up the middle. I am in no mood to look up that stats on that, or even feel like ever I bet because that is way to much work for not being paid for it, but I stand by that opinoin until somebody proves me wrong.

EDIT:This edit option thing is the s***, but....I have 37 posts that is amazing to me. That is all.

Edited by Shamrock4Life

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
"You say your are on the same side but you tell him to shutup. Do you really think its a good idea to tell other people to shutup with only 25 posts... I mean unless your looking to get banned."

Oh God here we go again with the post count numbers. The guy has a point with that stats, but I disagree with him. I think a groundball out has a lot better outcome than a strike out just because of the confidence factor, which most sabermetricaticions (is that a word?) tend to forget about. If I strike out against pitcher A then I feel bad and my teammates feel bad, but not as bad if I made contact, preferably solid contact against the pitcher A. It also gives the batters behind me more confidence that this guy is hittable and that you just need to focus and hit it in the gaps, corners, up the middle. I am in no mood to look up that stats on that, or even feel like ever I bet because that is way to much work for not being paid for it, but I stand by that opinoin until somebody proves me wrong.

EDIT:This edit option thing is the s***, but....I have 37 posts that is amazing to me. That is all.

To begin with, if post count is an issue I can start randomly posting emoticons in the gamethread to boost my number. But that still has no reflection on my understanding of baseball as a game. I grew up in Indianapolis, where I watched minor league teams and rooted for the white sox. I collected Frank Thomas cards as a kid and held onto them; and now he's gone. Now. I learned about statistics from the Red Sox fans. And if you want to boot me, fine. But I'm just trying to add another level here while still going for the same team. If you have a problem, talk to the administrators.

Look. All I am trying to say is that strikeouts and your basic groundout are statistically the same, thus far. The evidence that is out there is that the runner advanced benefit is cancelled out by the double play benefit. I'm not saying in certain situations that the decision to send the runner or whatever is often negated by the probability being caught. I guess I at worse am guilty of raising the cause of to steal or to not to steal. There is a certain percentage that makes mathematical sense. If, at any point, a club wishes to disavow my views, I would appreciate a formal notification.

QUOTE(effectivelywild @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:44 AM)
To begin with, if post count is an issue I can start randomly posting emoticons in the gamethread to boost my number. But that still has no reflection on my understanding of baseball as a game. I grew up in Indianapolis, where I watched minor league teams and rooted for the white sox. I collected Frank Thomas cards as a kid and held onto them; and now he's gone. Now. I learned about statistics from the Red Sox fans. And if you want to boot me, fine. But I'm just trying to add another level here while still going for the same team. If you have a problem, talk to the administrators.

Look. All I am trying to say is that strikeouts and your basic groundout are statistically the same, thus far. The evidence that is out there is that the runner advanced benefit is cancelled out by the double play benefit. I'm not saying in certain situations that the decision to send the runner or whatever is often negated by the probability being caught. I guess I at worse am guilty of raising the cause of to steal or to not to steal. There is a certain percentage that makes mathematical sense. If, at any point, a club wishes to disavow my views, I would appreciate a formal notification.

Relax. You have some valid points. Some people are getting a bit too conscious of post counts lately.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ May 9, 2006 -> 07:48 AM)
And all the thanks goto the herniated disc......

KENNY, LONG TERM NOW

Joe still has Boras as an agent? If he does Kenny may just have to bite the bullet and deal with him for a change and get him locked up.