Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

QUOTE(fathom @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Redding is terrible though.  At least with Haeger, you have the chance of him being a diamond in the rough at the MLB level.  If Contreras is only going to miss a week or so, I have no problem giving Haeger the start.

Moving up a guy for one start? Or moving your pitchers up one day. This is a baseless gay rumor, and needs to die.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Moving up a guy for one start?  Or moving your pitchers up one day.  This is a baseless gay rumor, and needs to die.

Ozzie won't move the guys up one start. If this is just an injury where Jose misses a start, I think its something Ozzie would consider, but with last years post-season run, every indication from mgmt has been that they would do there best to get there pitchers as much rest as possible.

In fact, you may see them toy with a 6 man rotation later in the year if we are in control, as a way to give guys extra rest.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
inside2-mccarthy.jpg

Hi, I'm Brandon McCarthy, the sixth/spot-starter coming out of the bullpen.  I'm already with the big league club, have proven I could get major league talent out, and would not force another arbitration clock to start ticking.

lol

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
Moving up a guy for one start?  Or moving your pitchers up one day.  This is a baseless gay rumor, and needs to die.

Actually, I think everything makes sense. I don't think McCarthy should be sent to the starting rotation now, especially if he says his arm felt sore yesterday.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
inside2-mccarthy.jpg

Hi, I'm Brandon McCarthy, the sixth/spot-starter coming out of the bullpen.  I'm already with the big league club, have proven I could get major league talent out, and would not force another arbitration clock to start ticking.

McCarthy won't make one start. He's our 6th starter if someone goes down for an extended time. Plus he pitched on the 6th and 7th and I don't thin kthe Sox plan on rushing him back to start as well as mess with his psychi as he works on better preparing himself for the pen.

Guest JimH

A few comments ...

1. I doubt they would move guys up even one day, Ozzie wants to keep them

as fresh and on schedule as possible, as noted by Jason and GHC.

2. Dye could be retro DL'd.

3. Based on Haeger's work in Charlotte thus far, he is the leading guy to fill in for

a spot start.

4. McCarthy is just starting to settle into the bullpen, I don't think they want to

mess with him.

5. Logan could easily be optioned out and called back up.

6. Addison't point is a good one but I don't think this mgmt. group is all that

concerned about starting Haeger's arbitration clock.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
Ok, so then who goes on the DL/is demoted?

If its 1 start missed, I'd think they'd send Logan down since he has tons of options. Than just recall him ASAP. This is me speculating as I have no inside info on this topic.

If Jose Contreras, the best pitcher in baseball dating back to the 2005 All-Star break, had health troubles that would merit his missing a start, it would be all over Chicago sports radio.

At this point, my only vindication would be this guy's banishment.

I have a very low tolerance for this trolling, playground bulls***.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
inside2-mccarthy.jpg

Just can't leave, can ya? :P

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
A few comments ...

1.  I doubt they would move guys up even one day, Ozzie wants to keep them

as fresh and on schedule as possible, as noted by Jason and GHC.

2.  Dye could be retro DL'd.

3.  Based on Haeger's work in Charlotte thus far, he is the leading guy to fill in for

a spot start.

4.  McCarthy is just starting to settle into the bullpen, I don't think they want to

mess with him.

5.  Logan could easily be optioned out and called back up.

6.  Addison't point is a good one but I don't think this mgmt. group is all that

concerned about starting Haeger's arbitration clock.

Ya, I don't think Kenny is too worried about starting Haegers arbitration clock. If we need a starter, its probably just as wise to call Haeger up. Plus I think Kenny knows if Haeger pitches a gem he's just given a knuckle baller pretty good trade value. If Charlie struggles, well than he can still kick ass down in the minors and people can chalk it up to him having debut jitters (meaning his trade value won't be hurt from a bad MLB performance).

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
If Jose Contreras, the best pitcher in baseball dating back to the 2005 All-Star break, had health troubles that would merit his missing a start, it would be all over Chicago sports radio.

Hulkaddystsox very angry.

Hulkaddystsox SMASH!!!!

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)

Well considering things have been scooped numerous times on here, well before chicago sports radio, I'd like to think there could be truth to this, especially since it goes in line what I heard this morning.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
Hulkaddystsox very angry.

Hulkaddystsox SMASH!!!!

:lol:

The hijack was hillarious though...props for that.

Question for Jim, J: would his arbitration clock starting lower his value to other teams as well? I understand he could come up and pitch a serviceable debut, as many rookies do, but, if he came up and got bombed--which I would imagine he would--I can't quite buy things would be status quo?

Now, you have a kunckler with lower value via a poor start and a started arb. clock.

...or am I off?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
:lol:

The hijack was hillarious though...props for that.

Question for Jim, J: would his arbitration clock starting lower his value to other teams as well?  I understand he could come up and pitch a serviceable debut, as many rookies do, but, if he came up and got bombed--which I would imagine he would--I can't quite buy things would be status quo?

Now, you have a kunckler with lower value via a poor start and a started arb. clock.

...or am I off?

Your off