Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
Now just tell us that you can see into the future and Haeger picks up a W on Wednesdsay :)

You know, it would really be nice to see a starter not named Mark Buehrle come up and succeed right away. I can't think of any who have since Mark, including BMac who struggled in his first stint with the big club last year. We've had success bringing up relievers (Bobby, the legend of Boone Logan), but no starters who come up and blow everyone away.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
No disrespect to jason but have we heard anything? I see nothing on any site and I have been listening to the score for the last hour on line. Nothing.

I've gotten some sort of verification. However, Jose has not been officially placed on the DL, its just the plan as of now and until he's actually placed on it, anything can happen.

But I do know the plan right now is to have Haeger come up and put Jose on the DL. Considering I don't know the extent of his back injury, he could very well wake up tomorrow and be 100% and the Sox could than not go with Haeger.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I've gotten some sort of verification.  However, Jose has not been officially placed on the DL, its just the plan as of now and until he's actually placed on it, anything can happen. 

But I do know the plan right now is to have Haeger come up and put Jose on the DL.  Considering I don't know the extent of his back injury, he could very well wake up tomorrow and be 100% and the Sox could than not go with Haeger.

And like Jason said earlier, our Charlotte source neither confirmed or denied.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
And yet, guess what... It wasn't.  And you are still trying to put the blame on someone else for people's own actions. 

Thanks for proving my point exactly.

for an action, there is a reaction...acting like a jerk...will not be met with acting like a saint. Had Jabroni, or redandwhite posted this, with duplicate quotes of this guy, i'd doubt you'd be so embarrassed. BUt for some reason, this wbushc can act like a child, and then get mid with ridicule and you are embarrassed at the reaction?

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HEADS UP!!! YOUR INFORMATION WAS THE PINNACLE OF MY LIFE! THANKS ALSO FOR FLIPPING US OFF AND YELLING AT US INSTEAD OF ANSWERING OUR QUESTIONS!!! YOU ARE TRULY A FANTASTIC POSTER!!!

All I wanted throughout the entire thread was for wcw to say something along the lines of "Hey, i wish I could tell you guys my source, but as of right now, I cannot". I checked back, and I just kept asking him for some sort of confirmation and I was met with "You guys are all just dissing Haeger", which I was not, and did not throughout the entire thread. I really dont feel the need to apologize because backing up facts on this website is pretty important to your credibility. Yeah, I ran with the /green thread titles for a little while, but it was all in fun. I never called the guy a liar or anything like that.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
And yet, guess what... It wasn't.  And you are still trying to put the blame on someone else for people's own actions. 

Thanks for proving my point exactly.

Behold, Soxtalk's moral compass. :headshake

Christ.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 9, 2006 -> 12:25 AM)
You know, it would really be nice to see a starter not named Mark Buehrle come up and succeed right away.  I can't think of any who have since Mark, including BMac who struggled in his first stint with the big club last year.  We've had success bringing up relievers (Bobby, the legend of Boone Logan), but no starters who come up and blow everyone away.

ugh, don't remind me of 04...

RIP:

Felix Diaz

Arnie Munoz

Jon Rauch

Josh Stewart

damn i already forgot most of em.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
FWIW, I heard about 6:20 on ESPN Radio that it's really unclear whether Count is going on the DL, at first it was reported hip problems, then the back and the MRI, with no results.

I heard that too. They said it's back not hip, and it still wasn't 100% he is going on the DL.

Hell we might all just wake up tomorrow and Jose is fine and Haeger is still in Charlotte.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
I heard that too.  They said it's back not hip, and it still wasn't 100% he is going on the DL.

Hell we might all just wake up tomorrow and Jose is fine and Haeger is still in Charlotte.

If he's having any pain at all, have him take the start off. He's our best pitcher right now, and he's probably 36 or 37 years old. There's no good reason to break him down now, even if he says he's fine.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
If he's having any pain at all, have him take the start off.  He's our best pitcher right now, and he's probably 36 or 37 years old.  There's no good reason to break him down now, even if he says he's fine.

Agree 100%

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
I heard that too.  They said it's back not hip, and it still wasn't 100% he is going on the DL.

Then The Fifty will be demanding apologies back. :D

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
If he's having any pain at all, have him take the start off.  He's our best pitcher right now, and he's probably 36 or 37 years old.  There's no good reason to break him down now, even if he says he's fine.

And that's what's still got me wondering......it'd really seem like everyone could just be bumped up with today's off day.

But, I'm not a professional baseball type person.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Well, for starters, I wouldn't have him pitch to Vladdy. I can just envision a hanging knuckler to him.

Well, I'd like to disagree with you, but i just checked Vlad's stats against Wakefield. 6/13, 4 home runs, 5 walks, OPS of 2.073. Eek.

Garret Anderson's also hit Wakefield pretty well, but the rest of the Angels haven't been that great against the Knuckler.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
And that's what's still got me wondering......it'd really seem like everyone could just be bumped up with today's off day.

The last 2 years they've really tried not to do that to any of our pitchers (i.e. an off day is an off day for everyone). Ever since we blew our staff out in early 04 using Mr. Off day as our 5th starter for 2 months.

Especially with the # of innings these guys threw last year, pushing them up to cut out 1 start sort of ignores the big picture at the expense of focusing on one game

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)

I think considering this is a very minor issue with Contreras back, typically (given today's off day) we'd just move the rest of the guys up a day, however with Ozzie being extra cautious since the pitchers threw deep into the post-season, he'd just as well give Haeger a start or two.

Well the score has not reported it in over 90 minutes. Its seems people are starting to back off, which means there may not be a problem yet. Levine is worng more times than right. Griffey should be our center fielder right now if I believed that idiot.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)

I woke up one day this past winter and could barely walk because of pain in my hip. It turns out I had somehow injured my back while sleeping. A muscle somehow folded over in my lower back. Its unlikely, but hopefully Jose has the same sort of thing, because after a few massages and a couple chiropractic adjustments I was fine.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:32 PM)

Thats exactly where it stands right now. If things don't get a lot better, they are better safe than sorry and they are taking that approach (Haeger will pitch). If Contreras makes progress with the treatments he had, he won't go on the DL.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Well the score has not reported it in over 90 minutes. Its seems people are starting to back off, which means there may not be a problem yet. Levine is worng more times than right. Griffey should be our center fielder right now if I believed that idiot.

Vizquel would be at short, and Contreras would be in Miami with the Marlins after being dealt for AJ Burnett last season.

QUOTE(quickman @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)

He never really gauranteed that. He put his reputation on Omar Vizquel though, that was pretty funny.

I just listened to the SC update and Levine said that Contreras is going to wait and see if the pain is gone by tomorrow, and if not then Haeger will be recalled.