Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
:huh:

Ok, I just can't resist...why?

Are we going for moral victories here?  Or, maybe where wins and losses don't count like little league?

The only two options were redding and haeger... given the choice, who would you rather watch pitch? Who has more potential? Haeger is the most major league ready out of anyone in the system and is leading the international league in era. I am pretty excited for his start(s) too. He at least has potential to have an impact his first time seeing the league... over redding who is just disgusting to watch.

The way i see it... if redding pitches we are losing.

If haeger pitches we will likely lose but we have the chance to watch a home grown knuckle ball pitcher who is better than redding's piece of s*** self.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
The only two options were redding and haeger... given the choice, who would you rather watch pitch? Who has more potential? Haeger is the most major league ready out of anyone in the system and is leading the international league in era. I am pretty excited for his start(s) too. He at least has potential to have an impact his first time seeing the league... over redding who is just disgusting to watch.

The way i see it... if redding pitches we are losing.

If haeger pitches we will likely lose but we have the chance to watch a home grown knuckle ball pitcher who is better than redding's piece of s*** self.

Qwerty being positive?

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
The only two options were redding and haeger... given the choice, who would you rather watch pitch?

I realize you are also one to stir the pot, but, I'll answer.

I would rather have Redding. No, Redding doesn't pitch with smoke and mirrors and may not be aesthetically pleasing, but, he has 21 wins against major league ballclubs and we know he isn't going to piss down his leg in front of 30K.

EDIT: I'm not f***ing bashing the kid for the sake of bashing him, I want to see the pitcher on the mound that gives the White Sox the best opportunity to win. This is not a cute rebuilding year where we can try kids out. Kenny knows what he is doing, and if he thinks the knuckler is the best we have to try and get a win in the hitter-friendly USCF, I'll take him on good faith...he has a positive track record now and has merited that sort of trust. But, that said, he isn't getting a hall pass either.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)

I would rather have Redding.  No, Redding doesn't pitch with smoke and mirrors and may not be aesthetically pleasing, but, he has 21 wins against major league ballclubs and we know he isn't going to piss down his leg in front of 30K.

Trust me, Redding SUCKS! He's a terrible, terrible pitcher. I've seen him pitch a lot in his career, and I'd rather have Felix Diaz on the mound than him.

It amazes me that more guys with very little chance to pitch in the majors don't make an effort to become knuckleball pitchers. Obviously, its not that easy, but its worth a shot if your career is in the toilet. A decent knuckleballer is invaluable to a pitching staff. They're innings eaters. Honel was throwing knuckle-curves. With all his arm problems, maybe he should try to add a straight knuckler to his reportoire.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
It amazes me that more guys with very little chance to pitch in the majors don't make an effort to become knuckleball pitchers. Obviously, its not that easy, but its worth a shot if your career is in the toilet. A decent knuckleballer is invaluable to a pitching staff. They're innings eaters. Honel was throwing knuckle-curves. With all his arm problems, maybe he should try to add a straight knuckler to his reportoire.

Thanks, Hawk. :P

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)

I would rather have Redding.  No, Redding doesn't pitch with smoke and mirrors and may not be aesthetically pleasing, but, he has 21 wins against major league ballclubs and we know he isn't going to piss down his leg in front of 30K.

I'd rather forfeit the game. Tim Redding sucks.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Sean Tracey should be #2 on that list.

When he his walk totals down, let me know. 21 walks in 24 innings won't get it done. We don't want Neal Cotts debut part II. He does have nice numbers overall though.

Right now, I'll take Broadway and his nice AA numbers. I know you think he's not ready, but since he is a college guy I think he's closer than a lot of people give credit for.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
The avatar move was adorable, guys.

Having a civilized talk.

Very professional move on your part.  Later.

Not sure who did it, but it wasn't me.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
When he his walk totals down, let me know.  21 walks in 24 innings won't get it done.  We don't want Neal Cotts debut part II.  He does have nice numbers overall though.

Right now, I'll take Broadway and his nice AA numbers.  I know you think he's not ready, but since he is a college guy I think he's closer than a lot of people give credit for.

And calling up Broadway, whose not ready, and we would be starting our 2nd best pitching prospects clock, when he isn't expected to be a mainstay in the rotation for 1-2 more years, would not be wise.

Tracey's control has been much better since he moved back to the rotation.