Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
Wow, Haeger allowed 1 Hr in 85.2 IP in AA last year.

Thats an unbelievably low number, even for AA.

A lot of that has to do with the fact he pitched in a pitcher's paradise. 1 HR is still very nice, and if he could that someplace like Charlotte it'd be crazy..

Edited by Heads22

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Beastly @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
And so my fellow soxtalkians, this is why we let people speak here on the board, and wait before we can prove them untrue and believe EVERYTHING THAT IS INACCURATE is farfetched.

Have a nice evening, everyone.

This board is getting pussified fast today.

In the end, he was right, so the doubters have to eat it.

But he didn't call anything, he just asked, so he doesn't have much to crow about.

In the end, noone's got much to talk about, so this long argument about who should be apologizing looks pretty dumb.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 9, 2006 -> 01:24 PM)
A lot of that has to do with the fact he pitched in a pitcher's paradise. Doing that someplace like Charlotte is tons more impressive.

40IP and not 1 HR this season is mightily impressive indeed, especially down in a hitters park at Charlotte.

20BB's though, so if the Angels are patient at the plate, that spells trouble.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)

But he didn't call anything, he just asked, so he doesn't have much to crow about.

In the end, noone's got much to talk about, so this long argument about who should be apologizing looks pretty dumb.

Gotta admit it was hilarious. :P

Works both ways though. Kinda hypocrtical for the ones who called him out to complain about getting called out themselves after being proved wrong.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)

No, he stated it here at the same time. You may have saw the thread title earlier with question marks and the word "rumor" in the title. I changed it to that earlier this afternoon, because we had no confirming evidence either way. However, it wasn't worthy to close the thread, until we determined the fate of the news one way or another.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
40IP and not 1 HR this season is mightily impressive indeed, especially down in a hitters park at Charlotte.

20BB's though, so if the Angels are patient at the plate, that spells trouble.

Happily, the Angels are #13 out of 14 teams in the AL in terms of OBP this year.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:39 PM)
No, he stated it here at the same time.  You may have saw the thread title earlier with question marks and the word "rumor" in the title.  I changed it to that earlier this afternoon, because we had no confirming evidence either way.  However, it wasn't worthy to close the thread, until we determined the fate of the news one way or another.

Uh, no. I saw the first post of this very thread, in which he was asking for someone to confirm his story. You can call people out if you announced it, unapologetically. If you make a thread asking for rumor-supporters, it doesn't count for that much, even if you don't title it "RUMOR: etc".

Wow.. just wow... I'm glad I know this and I gotta say... wcw2323 heads up kid. You get alot of respect in my book. I'm also shocked of the bashing and head-hunting alot of posters had. Damn... I was laughing at this whole thread cause it was like we made a trade or something.

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Geez, how about some moral support for the kid....Many of you have already dissed him, such a shame!

yeah, with quotes like this...i can't believe we didn't believe him.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
JEEZ...

How much crow needs to be eaten at the beginning of this thread?

Lots the first 6 maybe 8 pages were spent ripping this guy. Some really good posters are looking foolish. Good luck Haegs

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
Just realized Wednesday's game is on poopy WCIU.....boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Our in-Chicago contingent will have to keep guys like me updated.

oh no.

way to ruin the little excitment i had about this alex, you hillbilly.

(we don't get the U here either)

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I dont belive this for one second. Having said that, I was at the game yesterday, and during warmups, all of the pitchers were throwing long toss.  Contreras cut his short, I saw him limp badly back to the dugout.  I'm not saying that he is hurt or anything, but who no's maybe this guy knows someone, I doubt it tho.

I think I was wrong... my bad!!! :bang

Good call man!!! :cheers