Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
He's upset that a few people were saying that Charles Heager would not make a good middle reliever for the Sox this year in a thread in the Futuresox forum, so he makes up this rumor . . .

He wouldnt. A knuckleballer is the worst idea for pitching with runners on.

Guest JimH
I heard a rumor that Charlie Haeger has been summoned from Charlotte and will pitch in Chicago Wednesday night against the Angels. Can anybody confirm this?

Please tell us where you heard the rumor ... thanks.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Please tell us where you heard the rumor ... thanks.

I will be very surprised if i see a link confirming this. We all have asked him, and have been met with a deafening silence.

I dont belive this for one second. Having said that, I was at the game yesterday, and during warmups, all of the pitchers were throwing long toss. Contreras cut his short, I saw him limp badly back to the dugout. I'm not saying that he is hurt or anything, but who no's maybe this guy knows someone, I doubt it tho.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I dont belive this for one second.  Having said that, I was at the game yesterday, and during warmups, all of the pitchers were throwing long toss.  Contreras cut his short, I saw him limp badly back to the dugout.  I'm not saying that he is hurt or anything, but who no's maybe this guy knows someone, I doubt it tho.

LMAO, what is this, wcw's alter-ego? Jose is limping now? Whats going on people!!!

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
I dont belive this for one second.  Having said that, I was at the game yesterday, and during warmups, all of the pitchers were throwing long toss.  Contreras cut his short, I saw him limp badly back to the dugout.  I'm not saying that he is hurt or anything, but who no's maybe this guy knows someone, I doubt it tho.

Contreras was walking around in the dugout just fine yesterday, I rewatched the game simply to check on this.

Guest JimH
I will be very surprised if i see a link confirming this.  We all have asked him, and have been met with a deafening silence.

Yes, I agree. His user status shows he's on the thread.

It is either totally made up or if there's some truth to it he heard it in Charlotte or he is connected to a family member or something.

If it's confidential all he has to do is say so, no one will hang him for that. But if it's game playing, well, we know what happens with those, the mods do a great job cleaning that up.

So ... time to come clean.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)

Somebody on WSI saw the exact same thing, unless that guy is you.

Guest JimH

Hey by the way I must not be up on things around here ... didn't it used to be we could look at the bottom of the thread to see who's on, who's replying, etc.? I loved that feature. It let you know someone was replying and in my case it alerted me if quickman was on the thread so I could prepare a response to his goofyness LOL.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Hey by the way I must not be up on things around here ... didn't it used to be we could look at the bottom of the thread to see who's on, who's replying, etc.?  I loved that feature.  It let you know someone was replying and in my case it alerted me if quickman was on the thread so I could prepare a response to his goofyness LOL.

that feature has been off for a while. The only place you can see if anyone is on is the main forum page now.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Hey by the way I must not be up on things around here ... didn't it used to be we could look at the bottom of the thread to see who's on, who's replying, etc.?  I loved that feature.  It let you know someone was replying and in my case it alerted me if quickman was on the thread so I could prepare a response to his goofyness LOL.

I believe the site outages lead to that feature being disabled. When the site gets its upgrade all the features should be back. Atleast that's what I've figured from what Gage an gang have said.

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:26 PM)
Hi Guys...yes it is confidential....stay tuned and try to show some patience, and most importantly some class! Start crafting your apologies and have them ready!

One thing, why would they call him up to start over McCarthy? And why would he even be starting to begin with?

Hi Guys...yes it is confidential....stay tuned and try to show some patience, and most importantly some class! Start crafting your apologies and have them ready!

And if it doesnt happen?

Mrs. Haeger... get off your sons computer!

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Geez, how about some moral support for the kid....Many of you have already dissed him, such a shame!

Before people get carried away, just look this post over.

Clearly, this is not an objective reporter we have here.

I'm suprised this thread has lasted as long as it has, normally mods are good to get a lock on these things before they get taken too seriously.

Guest JimH

Remember there was at least one Haeger family member posting on this board, a nice gal who is Charlie's cousin, in fact I think she went by the handle Chuck's Cuz.

I guess if I were the poster who started the thread I would've phrased things differently but that's just me I guess. There are ways to say how you're connected or how you know stuff without spilling all the beans or breaking a confidence.

Well ... we'll have to wait and see. Since it's Contreras' turn, if this is true I am concerned. Hopefully it's not an arm issue. Yikes. But if they call Haeger up, someone has gotta go or get DL'd.

Assuming of course that this is true and not just made up.

Edited by JimH