Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Wasn't a relative of Chuck's a poster here?

The credence to the story is this.  Can the Angels hit a knuckleball?  Haegar can not come out of the pen.  Therefore I can see him get a first look.

Thanks Jenks Heat....finally a response with some intelligence :) :)

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
Thanks Jenks Heat....finally a response with some intelligence :)  :)

Well, if this is somone close to the Haeger camp, can someone tell Chuck to try and develop a fastball or a slider to go along with that knuckler?

A kunckler + MLB Hitting + U.S. Cellular Field + A team that prides itself on its dominant starting pitching = a pretty incredible story to say the least.

Guest JimH

Well here's the thing.

You now have a grand total of 8 posts. No one knows who you are, you haven't been forthcoming. Anyone can log on and make statements, people here are pretty smart and they expect to see back up.

We have several posters who are pretty close to some contacts in our minor league system ... there is nothing wrong with you saying how you know this without breaking your confidentiality.

So in general terms, how do you know Haeger is being called up?

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)

Perhaps if you would have elaberated a bit more on your original post you would not have been met with such hostile posts.

QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
I heard a rumor that Charlie Haeger has been summoned from Charlotte and will pitch in Chicago Wednesday night against the Angels. Can anybody confirm this?

Im still wondering how you started with this question, as if you heard it somewhere, and flipped it into confidential info that only you know? If you know something on the inside, why would you even ask us?

Guest JimH
Perhaps if you would have elaberated a bit more on your original post you would not have been met with such hostile posts.

Exactly.

I have been here almost 3.5 years and if I came on and made a statement like that I'd get the same treatment unless I explained myself. It's the way it goes here.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
One thing, why would they call him up to start over McCarthy? And why would he even be starting to begin with?

The one reason I could give for that is that McCarthy is not only adapting to the bullpen, he's been used out of it in a couple games in a row, so he would be going on the equivalent of short rest.

Guest JimH
Haeger would not start Wednesday.  Even is someone was hurt, with Monday off, everyone would just move up a day and the Sox wouldn't have to decide until Saturday.

I don't think they'd move guys up a day, but who knows.

I think its funny how now people are beginning to ask for links, and debate it. The guy made some s*** up, otherwise he wouldnt have asked for a confirm, and whatnot.

Hey heres one: Liotta is taking Garlands spot in the rotation, because we are concerned about him.

Ok now spread it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
One thing, why would they call him up to start over McCarthy? And why would he even be starting to begin with?

Actually BMac has appeared in consecutive games on Sat and Sunday so he wouldn't be available to start that soon unless you only expected like 3 innings.

That said, I don't believe this rumor for obvious reasons. Plus I think it would actually be easier just to move Garland and Vazquez up a day since today is an off day.

QUOTE(indyman @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Haeger would not start Wednesday.  Even is someone was hurt, with Monday off, everyone would just move up a day and the Sox wouldn't have to decide until Saturday.

I could give a s*** if this kid is brought up or not, if there is some base to this, what the hell would force Contreras to miss a start, McCarthy not to get a spot start, and a f***ing kunckler brought up from the A ranks?

EDIT: f***. Mission accomplished. This bastard got me talking about a a-ball knuckle-baller for 45 minutes? I just got chumped. :chair

I'm out.

Edited by AddisonStSox

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
I could give a s*** if this kid is brought up or not, if there is some base to this, what the hell would force Contreras to miss a start, McCarthy not to get a spot start, and a f***ing kunckler brought up from the A ranks?

AAA

QUOTE(bmags @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:54 PM)
rock, i would totally start a trhead on liotta if this site didn't look so down upon parody threads

Maybe if we could put the thread titles in green....