Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

QUOTE(fathom @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
At this point, I have no problem if Haeger gets the start.  I just hope Contreras doesn't have a serious, lingering injury.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In fact, I would be very excited to see Haeger get the start, as long as Jose would only be missing one.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
If you look a couple posts before, I posted why, so I didn't want to double type it being I'm all sick  :D

Well, in my defense, no you didn't.

My questions was to whether or not his arb. clock starting would hurt his value to clubs other than the White Sox.

Does that sort of contractual thing carry over to the new club? That was my question.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Well, in my defense, no you didn't.

My questions was to whether or not his arb. clock starting would hurt his value to clubs other than the White Sox. 

Does that sort of contractual thing carry over to the new club?  That was my question.

That would not effect his trade value. Him being called up would use up an option and obviously start his clock for whichever team took him, but teams aren't going to be worried with that since he could be starting for quite a few times right now.

I'm not saying he'd be successful, I can't predict how a knuckler will translate at the major league level, but quite a few teams would be using him already.

If he were out of options, than he'd have little trade value, but luckily he's a few years from being in that predicament.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:38 PM)
So the only thing that's keeping this thread going is that Count might have a small ache in the back...

Meh.

I would chalk it up to a morbid curiosity...sort of like watching a car wreck.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:40 PM)
Ok, this thread ballooned since I've been gone.  Anyone want to update me on what's going on?

From what I've gathered, Freddy Garcia has been traded for Jose Guillen and Liotta is on his way to replace Freddy in the rotation.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
From what I've gathered, Freddy Garcia has been traded for Jose Guillen and Liotta is on his way to replace Freddy in the rotation.

We are also getting Ryan Church though to replace Jermaine Dye who is now out for 3 months.

In all seriousness Rowand: Mario and I's source indicated to us that Contreras had some sort of injury (believed to be of the back) that was being treated yesterday after the game.

Another poster said that Haeger will be called up to start on Wed (happens to be Jose's start). So while I know nothing of Contereras actually missing a start, some other poster seems to think he did and it would make sense considering what I heard about the whole treatment.

And we really did trade Freddy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
I assume this means "Couldn't confirm or deny"?

Exactly...it was our way of asking for official confirmation and with the Sox not announcing anything, our assumption was neither would any of our contacts at the minor league level.

I think we just have to see how this plays out. My guess would be this poster (if telling the truth, either works in the clubhouse or knows Haeger) and Haeger was told to prepare as if you are starting on Wed.

If Contreras is OK on Wed, Haeger stays down, if he isn't (and this poster is correct) the Sox already have the plans to fly Haeger up for the start (if this is the case, Haeger will be here no later than tomorrow).

Well if Jose has any sort of issue, give him a start off, period. He's too damn good to rush him back and risk any sort of long term risk for one game. Putting Bmac in the rotation for one game would just be dumb imo. So if Jose does indeed have some issues, calling Chuck up would be the best way to go imo.

Guest JimH
By confirming it would have meant the move was official though; We should note that.

Right, and I'd think the White Sox would want to see how Contreras' back responds to treatment, i.e. today and tomorrow and even Wed. morning because I'm guessing they're weighing a DL trip. If Jason says Contreras has been dealing with a sore back then there's something going on.

But they might not announce it until Wed. morning. Given that scenario, it'd be normal to call down and alert Haeger, even get him on a plane to Chicago. They can always fly him back without doing the official call up paperwork and announcement.

Lots of teams used to make these announcements between games of a doubleheader.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ May 8, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
Right, and I'd think the White Sox would want to see how Contreras' back responds to treatment, i.e. today and tomorrow and even Wed. morning because I'm guessing they're weighing a DL trip.  If Jason says Contreras has been dealing with a sore back then there's [/i]something going on.

But they might not announce it until Wed. morning.  Given that scenario, it'd be normal to call down and alert Haeger, even get him on a plane to Chicago.  They can always fly him back without doing the official call up paperwork and announcement.

Lots of teams used to make these announcements between games of a doubleheader.

I should just add to this, 90% sure it was the back, but 100% sure he was getting treatment on something. No idea on the serverity of it, but it didn't seem too serious (so 1 missed start makes sense and thats why Haeger is the perfect candidate).

I also think your dead on that they are waiting to see how Jose responds. That said, the way things operate I'm sure they've already been in contact with Haeger and have told him to prepare (if this is true) and the plans would be for him to come in a day early (typically you do that), so if its the case my guess is you'd hear something about it tomorrow.

Guest JimH
I think we just have to see how this plays out.  My guess would be this poster (if telling the truth, either works in the clubhouse or knows Haeger) and Haeger was told to prepare as if you are starting on Wed. 

If Contreras is OK on Wed, Haeger stays down, if he isn't (and this poster is correct) the Sox already have the plans to fly Haeger up for the start (if this is the case, Haeger will be here no later than tomorrow).

Yes, exactly. Things happen this way all the time.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
We are also getting Ryan Church though to replace Jermaine Dye who is now out for 3 months. 

In all seriousness Rowand: Mario and I's source indicated to us that Contreras had some sort of injury (believed to be of the back) that was being treated yesterday after the game. 

Another poster said that Haeger will be called up to start on Wed (happens to be Jose's start).  So while I know nothing of Contereras actually missing a start, some other poster seems to think he did and it would make sense considering what I heard about the whole treatment. 

And we really did trade Freddy.

What??and Whatt??