Charlie Haeger to likely start Wednesday

wcw2323

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
I you sure this is a rumor? Are you sure it isn't nothing?

:lolhitting

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
^^^^^^

That about did it for me.

Come clean.  This has no base whatsoever.

You are just trying to stir the pot.

/end

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
This right here just about proves that this rumor is baseless:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49265&st=0

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
Group: Members

Group: Banned

See how fast that can change?

Thanks for playing.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
I think its funny how now people are beginning to ask for links, and debate it.  The guy made some s*** up, otherwise he wouldnt have asked for a confirm, and whatnot. 

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:53 PM)
The only thing we will see on wed is The Count going for his 14th straight.  Biatch.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
If Jose Contreras, the best pitcher in baseball dating back to the 2005 All-Star break, had health troubles that would merit his missing a start, it would be all over Chicago sports radio.

At this point, my only vindication would be this guy's banishment.

I have a very low tolerance for this trolling, playground bulls***.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
We have crippling pitching injuries all the time?  Who knew.

Yeah, you would think this indicated a 3 year trend or something. I need to go find a Cub fan to sympathize with.....

Did anyone listen to the game on the radio on Thursday? If I remember correclty, Singleton said something like they (I would assume Ozzie and Herm) were yelling to see if Jose was ok and he shook them off like he was fine. After this little 5 second blip, I heard nothing more. Does anyone else remember hearing this?

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
Did anyone listen to the game on the radio on Thursday? If I remember correclty, Singleton said something like they (I would assume Ozzie and Herm) were yelling to see if Jose was ok and he shook them off like he was fine. After this little 5 second blip, I heard nothing more. Does anyone else remember hearing this?

Now that you mention it, I kind of remember that. I thought they were all just joking around at the time

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)

He looked gimpy running towards first one time last Thursday.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:49 PM)
Yeah, you would think this indicated a 3 year trend or something.  I need to go find a Cub fan to sympathize with.....

How hard was it to understand what I said? It's the Cubs that always have the pitching injuries. I'm sure it makes them feel good to see us have one for a change. That's all I meant.

Let me again point out that Count will miss TWO STARTS if indeed this 15 day trip to the DL is actually 15 days, and he would be eligible to start on May 20th (Saturday) against the Cubs, a day that his spot in the rotation comes up anyways. If this is more than 15 days, you can hit the red button, but if this is just precautionary to give him a couple weeks to get a bit of rest and get to 100 percent, it's no big deal.

I know nobody will listen to a voice of reason, but I figured I'd try :).

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
How hard was it to understand what I said?  It's the Cubs that always have the pitching injuries.  I'm sure it makes them feel good to see us have one for a change.  That's all I meant.

Who cares what those losers think? And if they are happy about this, it just shows how pathetic their team is.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)

Do you contribute anything of any value anymore, or have you completely given up on that?

It seems like anytime you post it's just to take a pot-shot at someone.

Contreras to the DL is horrible anyway you cut it.

This is just the right dose of reality to get me off this baseball cloud nine I've been on for the past year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
How hard was it to understand what I said?  It's the Cubs that always have the pitching injuries.  I'm sure it makes them feel good to see us have one for a change.  That's all I meant.

I understood just fine, dont you worry about that. It happened last year with El Duque as well, and the sox got along just fine.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 8, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
I understood just fine, dont you worry about that.  It happened last year with El Duque as well, and the sox got along just fine.

Nobody in their right mind thought Duque would go a full season without landing on the DL atleast once. That's not a good comparison.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 8, 2006 -> 10:59 PM)
So, let me get this straight.  Contreras is going on the 15 day DL and they're calling up Haeger to pitch those games.  And it's Contreras' leg?

It's a good thing we have an offense this year.

It's Jose's hip, which has the ability to be more of an ongoing problem than his leg does.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Nobody in their right mind thought Duque would go a full season without landing on the DL atleast once.  That's not a good comparison.

I was happier when Duque was on the DL.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 8, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
s***, this got long.

What's the real news?  Can someone please let me know?

Jose Contreras Headed to the DL; Haeger to Join Rotation

By Jason Gage

Soxtalk.com

The Chicago White Sox are expected to place Jose Contreras on the 15 day disabled list, retroactive to May 4th. Contreras underwent an MRI on his hip and while the injury isn’t expected to be serious, he will miss at least Wednesday’s start. Charlotte RHP Charlie Haeger will be promoted from AAA Charlotte and will make Wednesday’s start. MORE

Guest JimH

KW has always said it takes 15 major league pitchers to get thru a season. It wouldn't surprise me to see him pick up another project or two and stash them in Charlotte.