Nice move by Griffey Jr.

thedoctor

HONORED GUEST - The Baseball Hall of Fame asked Griffey if he would throw out the first pitch at the Hall of Fame Game a week from today, and Griffey in turn asked if Kobe Stenson could do the honors.

Kobe is the 4-year-old son of the late Reds outfielder Dernell Stenson, who was killed on Nov. 5, 2003, outside Phoenix. Stenson's family lives in upstate New York, and Griffey had been scheduled to meet Kobe before the game.

cincinnati post

God, I wish Griffey would have stayed healthy and given Hank Aaron a run for his money, I'd be rooting for him every step of the way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's truely a shame. If he was healthy, who knows where he'd be. Then again, less stuff would be made of steriods and Bonds being a prick, since 2 guys would be going after 755.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ May 8, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's truely a shame. If he was healthy, who knows where he'd be. Then again, less stuff would be made of steriods and Bonds being a prick, since 2 guys would be going after 755.

Actually you'd probably have even more being made of it...think about how "The chase" in 98 helped build up Sosa and McGwire. And in this case, you'd have the 2 sides, one guy who's clean and one guy who's very, very, very dirty.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 9, 2006 -> 12:05 AM)
Griff, like many people my age, is one of the first reasons I got interested in baseball.

Griffey

Thomas

Alex Fernandez (We had the same first name)

Same deal here. I'm a bit older than you I think, but I got into baseball because of Griff, Big Frank, Bo, and the pitching punch of McDowell, Alvarez, and Fernandez.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 8, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
In case you didn't know...

I :wub: GRIFFEY

Ditto. Besides Thomas, he was my favorite player to watch play. Hell, my batting stance as a kid (and I thank god I batted lefty) was an imitation of Griffeys. He was one of the true 5 tool studs. Hall of Famer no doubt.

Edited by SoxAce