Forums Have Been Upgraded

Chisoxfn

I have upgraded the forums and with that, everything has been upgraded. We are now running on the most up to date version of Invision and with that we have a lot more features on this forum (what they are I have no idea since this is the first I've been on it) and we also have the most up to date security settings.

If anyone notices any problems, please inform me. I also want to re-iterate that we still have one more upgrade to do (upgrading our mysql to a more efficient form).

One thing you will notice is that all posts will appear new, but I think thats about the only thing you'll notice.

I for one am amazed that this appeared to work. I'm giving myself a few pats on the back for this. I ended up doing about 90% of it (instead of waiting on invision).

I'll be working on prettying things up for the next day or so and than we'll probably take a week or so to get a custom skin up.

Having a little trouble with a few things using mozilla, but hopefully I can fix that. The main problem is getting the graphic to show up properly on mozilla (the Javy header which I just pulled down for a sec). It shows up perfectly in IE.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 9, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
The banner is extremely fished up...

On Ie, it works perfectly. Part of it just deals with the fact that Mozilla doesn't work well with the site for at least the temporary time being.

Test Test

I have now noticed a problem when you try and do add reply (instead of using fast reply). You don't get to see the post.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Test Test

I have now noticed a problem when you try and do add reply (instead of using fast reply). You don't get to see the post.

Nevermind, I Forgot that I was using an older skin.

QUOTE(Felix @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
Just out of curiousity, why doesn't Soxtalk move to VB? Is it a cost thing, or do you guys just like IPB more?

Mainly we like IPB more and have had good luck with it. From what I've been told IPB takes a little less of a server load as well. Plus since I've paid for one (and its a lot more affordable) I figure no reason to pay for a different one.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
Ya, I just use New Topic or Fast Reply. However, I love the new way of editing posts.

What is new? Maybe I am missing something. The window is different, and I like how it is set up, but it doesnt seem that much different from editing posts before.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Within Firefox the top banner overlaps the top header box. I can live with it though. Looks good at first glance.

Ya, FireFox has trouble with the Polls and the Top Banner. I'm hoping I can fix the code on the top banner, but the Poll issue is probably something that will have to be resolved with FireFox or Invision.

From what I can tell, the poll issue stems from a recent firefox upgrade and that older versions of firefox worked fine with the poll.

I think I'm going to go back to IE when 7.0 final is released.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
What is new? Maybe I am missing something. The window is different, and I like how it is set up, but it doesnt seem that much different from editing posts before.

Quick edit, just lets you edit things immediately without having to open up a new window.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 9, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)

The difference for editing posts is you can do a "quick edit" or a "full edit". Quick edit is very cool.