Forums Have Been Upgraded

Chisoxfn

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
So that means we gotta stick with blue or am I missing something?

For a few hr's, than we will have some temporary skins up, but we want to do things right and it may take a few days for us to make something completely custom and hopefully that skin will work well with both firefox and IE.

In regards to the polls, you'll be happy to know that Polls do work with FireFox, however, old polls (pre upgrade) are the only ones that only work with IE.

Also the QUICK EDIT Feature DOES WORK IN FIREFOX. If your are having trouble finding the quick edit feature, click on edit and than you should see the option come up. If not, make sure you are running an updated version of FireFox.

The Poll upgrade didn't go smoothly and thats why people can't see the old polls. So take note that neither IE or Mozilla work with old polls.

It looks more likely that Soxtalk will work pretty good whether you use Mozilla or IE.

By the way, Alex, have you tried importing a skin lately? Just asking because I'm going to give it a shot in a few minutes.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
It's not a big deal, because I can still edit the way we're all used to. However, quick edit's still not working on FireFox for me.

I think that could be your browser not being completely updated. One thing you all should check out is the new easy ass way to edit topic titles and the 2nd line of topic titles. YOu cna pretty much just click and edit. Its freaking AWESOME.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 10, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)
By the way, Alex, have you tried importing a skin lately? Just asking because I'm going to give it a shot in a few minutes.

I think that could be your browser not being completely updated. One thing you all should check out is the new easy ass way to edit topic titles and the 2nd line of topic titles. YOu cna pretty much just click and edit. Its freaking AWESOME.

I'm running 1.5.0.3, and no updates are available.

Am I the only one having the problem? :huh

Quick Edit: I'm running Mozilla and just edited your post using the quick edit feature

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 9, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm running 1.5.0.3, and no updates are available.

Am I the only one having the problem? :huh

Quick Edit: I'm running Mozilla and just edited your post using the quick edit feature

Does not work for me either

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)

I just saw that......It's amazing.

I've fixed it so the old poll results are now working for both Mozilla and IE users :)

So now aside from coming up with a new Sox colored skin, we are pretty much set!!!! :headbang

Well that and finding a way to make the clickable smilies look better.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:02 AM)
I like everything so far, it's just going to take a little getting used to.

It should be really awesome once we get the new skin up and pretty up the clickable smilies region. I'm still jazzed about this.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
It should be really awesome once we get the new skin up and pretty up the clickable smilies region. I'm still jazzed about this.

Now we don't have to fire you. :)

One other positive from the upgrade is that we got to keep post counts, joined on dates, avatars, sigs, etc.

In other words, we didn't have to start up again from scratch.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Ok, so I just replied to 1 person's quote in a thread, posted it, then replied to another person's quote, and the system joined those 2 posts together automatically. Is that normal? Because if it is, it's really cool.

I noticed it earlier, did the same thing for me.

Really nice feature.