Forums Have Been Upgraded

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Ok, so I just replied to 1 person's quote in a thread, posted it, then replied to another person's quote, and the system joined those 2 posts together automatically. Is that normal? Because if it is, it's really cool.

Yep. And I'm pretty sure if someone edits their post to the point that they add on to it, it registers as an unread post to the people that haven't seen the revisions. There's some sweet features.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:45 AM)
Yep. And I'm pretty sure if someone edits their post to the point that they add on to it, it registers as an unread post to the people that haven't seen the revisions. There's some sweet features.

That explains it. I thought it was messing up by telling me I hadn't read a topic that I actually had read.

Also, is the search feature going to be back soon?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
That explains it. I thought it was messing up by telling me I hadn't read a topic that I actually had read.

Also, is the search feature going to be back soon?

I believe so. The server part of the upgrade hasn't been completed yet, and after that we'll be in tip-top shape to bring back the search.

joe crede is clutch, and he likes to rally.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
Ok, so I just replied to 1 person's quote in a thread, posted it, then replied to another person's quote, and the system joined those 2 posts together automatically. Is that normal? Because if it is, it's really cool.

Yep, it is normal and very cool, especially for the person who posts like myself where as you read a thread you reply to quotes.

Ahhh...the smilies look so much better. Great Work Alex.

You will see we have a new chat and the link is up on the forums. Its not quite as fancy as our original one, but I think this one is adequate. You need javascript to use this and only logged in members will be able to see the link (apparently, I've yet to test that).

Hope you all enjoy it. We are also contemplating the addition of a gallery for people to post stuff.

Ya, I was just going to say, Jas you may want to check the permissions on the chat.

I still didn't get it to work here, but maybe its a Mozilla problem for me or the fact that I'm working on my work computer.

I also noticed that when I click Today's top 10 posters, it doesn't work.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:45 PM)
Ya, I was just going to say, Jas you may want to check the permissions on the chat.

I still didn't get it to work here, but maybe its a Mozilla problem for me or the fact that I'm working on my work computer.

I also noticed that when I click Today's top 10 posters, it doesn't work.

Top 10 has not worked. Its associated with the same problem as the search. Maybe the chat just doesn't work with Mozilla. I'll run a test in mozilla in a bit, but right now I'm working on creating a custom skin.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2006 -> 03:50 PM)
That's why they call you the man.

Well I ran a quick test anyway on mozilla and had no problem. Here is a little thing they say if you have trouble. Do you guys have javascript cause you need that for the chat to work.

If you are running a version of a Microsoft Windows and see only a broken link icon, you will need to download a copy of the Java Virtual Machine in order to run our application. You may download Java Support for your browser from one of the following links below:

* Microsoft Virtual Machine (for MSIE)

* Sun Java Plugin (for Netscape, Opera, MSIE, etc..)

Older versions of Netscape (on certain platforms) such as v4.08, and v4.7x may not run the software. We strongly recommend upgrading to a newer version of Netscape (v6.xx or better) if this is the case. Certain browsers running on Macintosh platforms are not capable of running our software due to problems outside of our control. As WebTV does not support Java, WebTV users will not be able to access the live chat rooms.

Users behind firewalls may need to inform their local IT/network administrator to allow TCP connections on ports 9000-9009 at client.invisionchat.com.

AOL Members: Some users have reported that the built-in AOL browser has difficulty connecting to our service, or does not load colors/emoticons properly. To resolve this, minimize your AOL connection, and use the Internet Explorer browser that came with your computer to access our chat rooms.