Sox vs Angels Game Thread

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
It's not the chemistry that's the problem. It's Singleton's voice. Some people have an energetic voice, and others don't.

Singelton's not the problem. Farmer's always been awful. No one noticed it because of Rooney.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
It's not the chemistry that's the problem. It's Singleton's voice. Some people have an energetic voice, and others don't.

They both have droopy, dreary voices and that just doesn't work.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)

I like Singleton. I think Im the minority though. I just think Farmer is being too much of an ass to him. Maybe its just his personality.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:04 AM)
Now with a 4 run lead Haegar decides to pitch within the strikezone.....

Angels aren't going to be as patient as they were earlier in the game. I actually think Haeger has potential in 3 years to be a solid starter. However, he needs to get command on his knuckler.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
Singelton's not the problem. Farmer's always been awful. No one noticed it because of Rooney.

Yeah, Farmer stinks....then again, I'm probably the only one, but I didn't think Rooney was God's gift to broadcasters either....

Farmer is no great shakes but he's much better than Singleton, IMO. Singleton can't even spit out a single play when he is doing the PBP. I can at least understand what is going on in the game when Farmer is doing the PBP.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Did you not just watch? He looked fine there.

I'm not watching, I'm at work.

And I was kidding but didn't use green because I'm still getting used to this new board.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
Yeah, Farmer stinks....then again, I'm probably the only one, but I didn't think Rooney was God's gift to broadcasters either....

Makes two of us that thought that.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 10, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
Yeesh, it's his first time pitching in the bigs with a knuckler and a bunch of family in attendance. Give him this game and then see what he has in the next.

And 4 runs thus far is really not terrible. He gets through a couple more innings unscathed and this turns into a decent game. He gives up another run or two, and he's about where every rookie pitcher winds up.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)
If we lose, I won't entirely blame Haeger either. So I'm not going to assign him as official scapegoat.

Tough to win ballgames without baserunners.

Santana's a tough pitcher, even if we've had success against him the last two games. He has the classic heater/slider combo that's destroyed our righties for centuries.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 10, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
And 4 runs thus far is really not terrible. He gets through a couple more innings unscathed and this turns into a decent game. He gives up another run or two, and he's about where every rookie pitcher winds up.

And what happens if AJ gets to that wild pitch or Crede makes the play that he makes all the time.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
I'm not watching, I'm at work.

And I was kidding but didn't use green because I'm still getting used to this new board.

I thought you had it on the dish. He went 1-2-3 and didn't allow the ball out of the infield.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
I thought you had it on the dish. He went 1-2-3 and didn't allow the ball out of the infield.

I will shortly, I'm in here until 9:30 eastern then I'll catch the rest at home.