Sox vs Angels Game Thread

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
Yep, you have to love 8 base runners and 6 outs so far.

Well, just waiting for balls and walks was the way to go against him tonight. When in the zone, he hasnt been hit that hard.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 10, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
Another White Sox pitching prospect wets itself. I'm really tired of watching this.

This is the part where he's demoted, and never regains the numbers he had before being called up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another White Sox pitching prospect wets itself. I'm really tired of watching this.

This is the part where he's demoted, and never regains the numbers he had before being called up.

Didn't B-mac go back and do even better?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)

At least this one has an excuse to have a mid-80s fastball.

Can someone admit it was lack of control and not getting squeezed that got him into this trouble? I know i am not the only one that realizes a ball at the letters in not a strike... yet everyone has said otherwise today.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Can someone admit it was lack of control and not getting squeezed that got him into this trouble? I know i am not the only one that realizes a ball at the letters in not a strike... yet everyone has said otherwise today.

The ump missed maybe 3 pitches. But thats it. The guy needs to put it down the middle.

absolutely

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)

His control has sucked. He hasn't really been squeezed, although there were some calls that he could have got.

He threw a close one at the letters on time.

There were plenty of low and away pitches that could have been called, also the 3-2 pitches to the first 2 batters were close.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 10, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)

Were you seriously expecting a shutout from the kid tonight?

I was hoping for 6 innings and 4 runs as about the best we should expect.

So you're saying he would have maintained a sub 1 ERA had we not called him up?

Note to the Sox:

1.) Don't bring up a knuckleballer at the Cell.

2.) Don't bring up a knuckleballer with horrible walk rates in the minors.

3.) Don't bring up a knuckleballer when you don't have a catcher that can catch a knuckleball.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)

There's been a couple of close pitches, but it was obvious from the first batter on that he was going to have to battle every single hitter tonight. His command of his knuckler sucks. I would guess that half of the players in MLB can throw a similar knuckler with this control (in case you don't know, MLB players practice the knuckler almost every day when they're warming up).

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)

I am unable to watch the game, but controlling a knuckler is experience and maybe this kid just isn't there yet. On the other hand those knucklers dance so much that sometimes the picther really doesn't know where it's going.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 10, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
He threw a close one at the letters on time.

There were plenty of low and away pitches that could have been called, also the 3-2 pitches to the first 2 batters were close.

He is a 22 year old rookie. Any calls that he gets is a bonus... anything he doesn't is very understandable.