Sox vs Angels Game Thread

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Dye should have been taking on that 3-1 count. We need baserunners. That was stupid.

He hit a bullet, if that was 2 inches more up the middle, you wouldn't have said anything.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Dye should have been taking on that 3-1 count. We need baserunners. That was stupid.

You can't fault him for swinging at a 3-1 fastball down the plate. I know this is a broken record, but the difference in this game tonight is walks.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 10, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)

I don't blame him for swinging. The pitch appeared to be around the middle of the plate. Whether he takes it or not it's a strike. Rather Dye take his chances with a fastball than defend himself against a biting curveball in a full count.

He hit a bullet, if that was 2 inches more up the middle, you wouldn't have said anything.

Wrong. I'm watching the game with my dad and I told him that Dye better be taking two pitches when he had a 3-0 count.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Wrong. I'm watching the game with my dad and I told him that Dye better be taking two pitches when he had a 3-0 count.

Anf if he got a single on 3-1 you would have been fine

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)

You have no idea what you are talking about. I pray for winning more than ever so you will just stay away.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 10, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
too bad bmac did not start, he is a filthy starter.

His arm's just not ready for it though, after working in the bullpen. He said himself last night that he'd only be able to give the Sox like 60 pitches right now.