Sox vs Angels Game Thread

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Oz makes one mistake and they start the Conga line on us. This f***ing sucks!!!

Its not Ozzie's fault that Jenks had literally nothing today.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
It's scary that we've heard that twice in the last 6 nights about our closer.

LOL. Dude. He was awesome in the game in between. He was terrible Friday night and terrible in the rain tonight. It happens. He has been awesome other than that. CLosers do have bad games now and then.

Guest JimH

For the record I would not have brought Jenks into the game. Your team is behind a run, save him for tomorrow and then the Twins series. I would've just let Cotts pitch to Salmon, but it goes to show they're a guy short in the bullpen. It would have been perfect for Jeff Nelson.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)
It is Oz's fault for bringing him in. No way should Cotts have been taken out in that situation.

Even if thats the case, is it his fault that Jenks imploded? Who do you give more blame to, the person who puts the pitcher in the game, or the pitcher who absolutely sucks in the game?

My blame goes to the pitcher who sucks, not the manager.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 11, 2006 -> 03:15 AM)
This, my friends, is why McCarthy has to stay in the 'pen. It's suspect enough with him. Without him? Yikes.

Actually, this is how Hermanson really screwed us over, and our inability to get another competent reliever in the offseason has given us no bullpen depth. Hopefully Nelson can show something in the next two weeks.

You Ozzie critics make me SICK!!!

Forever past and forever more the manager most often gets the blame.

Don't let it bother you so much.

That's where we got the words armchair QBs and second guessing.

In my mind it's the fault of whoever wanted to pitch the knuckleballer.

Gimmick pitch. Sucks.

Get over it. I'm not blaming Ozzie for this game at all but he DOES make mistakes -- all managers do.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 11, 2006 -> 03:16 AM)
LOL. Dude. He was awesome in the game in between. He was terrible Friday night and terrible in the rain tonight. It happens. He has been awesome other than that. CLosers do have bad games now and then.

No, he's been extremely inconsistent. Don't blame tonight on the rain. It only started to get real bad after he gave up those rockets. If he would have gone to the mound, threw 100 mph, and given up homers, that would be one thing. But it's concerning when he's missing his good stuff two times in a week.