Nickname for Thome? "Mr. Incredible"?

LVSoxFan

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
If I'm not mistaken, this comparison has already been made on this board. Mr. Roeper presents it like an original idea, but I have my doubts.

You are correct and it's not the first time Roeper does that either. I know he's a huge fan, he might read this board.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:00 PM)
If I'm not mistaken, this comparison has already been made on this board. Mr. Roeper presents it like an original idea, but I have my doubts.

funny that you mention that because i emailed him calling him and Comcast Sports Nets "luke a like" an unorginal hack with regards to that statement and I received a response from Richard Roeper, informing me he has "written 3,000 columns, 500 magazine articles and six books. i don't troll the internet looking for items to steal." So apparently he is above trolling and that was an orginal thought :rolly and also i used the wrong form of your, its you're an unoriginal hack and not your an unoriginal hack in my email, woops.

his article is mostly garbage, but I do like one point he makes. Thome may eventually, or already be one of the most popular players in the whole city. The guy is great on the field and off. This is the biggest market he has played in, and he is prospering.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:16 PM)
funny that you mention that because i emailed him calling him and Comcast Sports Nets "luke a like" an unorginal hack with regards to that statement and I received a response from Richard Roeper, informing me he has "written 3,000 columns, 500 magazine articles and six books. i don't troll the internet looking for items to steal." So apparently he is above trolling and that was an orginal thought :rolly and also i used the wrong form of your, its you're an unoriginal hack and not your an unoriginal hack in my email, woops.

The only surprise in Roeper's response to you was that he didn't give exact numbers of articles and columns.

Dude, if you are going to email to criticize a professional journalist, you better have all your, not you're, grammar and spelling in order.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
Dude, if you are going to email to criticize a professional journalist, you better have all your, not you're, grammar and spelling in order.

i agree, he definatly "zinged" me, but that doesn't take away from the fact he tried to pass that idea off as an orginal thought, which it clearly was not.

lol and i noticed you fixed your grammer in your post, before i could point that out.

QUOTE(beautox @ May 10, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
i agree, he definatly "zinged" me, but that doesn't take away from the fact he tried to pass that idea off as an orginal thought, which it clearly was not.

lol and i noticed you fixed your grammer in your post, before i could point that out.

LOL. Yep. Leaving out words is not good either.

I have corresponded with Roeper for years and highly, highly doubt he saw that here and then stole it. If he did see it here, he would have said that's where he got the idea--he's more than willing to give others credit for funny ideas (I've made it into his column a few times).

Yes he is a Sox fan big-time and no I don't think he reads here, as he mentioned WSI in a more recent column as being a cool place/resource (I told him about us though).

Anyway, since the idea seems to be well-received among all here, why not. I wish I knew how to poll. I'd say if you got us and WSI to give it the thumbs up, well then: Bob's your uncle!

Wow looking at the picture that is just dead-on.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
I have corresponded with Roeper for years and highly, highly doubt he saw that here and then stole it. If he did see it here, he would have said that's where he got the idea--he's more than willing to give others credit for funny ideas (I've made it into his column a few times).

Yes he is a Sox fan big-time and no I don't think he reads here, as he mentioned WSI in a more recent column as being a cool place/resource (I told him about us though).

Anyway, since the idea seems to be well-received among all here, why not. I wish I knew how to poll. I'd say if you got us and WSI to give it the thumbs up, well then: Bob's your uncle!

Is that you Mr. Roeper?

"methinks the lady doth protest too much." Why would Roeper take the time to e-mail some jerky fan calling him a hack and correct his grammer in the process? It sounds like you hit nerve to me.

Hey it's the truth, dude. So what, now I'm a Roeper apologist? Oh and BTW yeah, often he does write back.

BTW, now having seen the photos and the shocking likeness, who really believes that tons of OTHER people didn't get the resemblance? I just don't buy the idea that only a select few here got the idea and they wuz robbed by that damn Sun-Times columnist!

Anyway, this is skidding off topic. REGARDLESS of who saw it "first", is the consensus that this would be a cool nickname for Thome, or not?

Although he might not like it...

Speaking of likenesses:

b79affbd.jpg

2002579634.jpg

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Hey it's the truth, dude. So what, now I'm a Roeper apologist? Oh and BTW yeah, often he does write back.

BTW, now having seen the photos and the shocking likeness, who really believes that tons of OTHER people didn't get the resemblance? I just don't buy the idea that only a select few here got the idea and they wuz robbed by that damn Sun-Times columnist!

Anyway, this is skidding off topic. REGARDLESS of who saw it "first", is the consensus that this would be a cool nickname for Thome, or not?

Although he might not like it...

I am just stirring the pot. :D I doubt you are Roeper or his apologist. I do like the nickname, though.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 10, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)

The Thome/Mr. Incredible was on WSI. That's where I got the picture from.