Haeger

rangercal

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
rape and pillage? i don't call trading a guy that will never help your team win a world series, for bullpen help raping and pillaging? obviously your life sucks bad enought to be the "tough talking message board guy", so these are my last thoughts on the subject.

Anderson-4th outfielder

Garland- one year wonder

Crede-playing for contract

what about danny wright?

where's mckay christensen?

what about super joe borchard?

scott ruffcorn?

rodney bolton?

jon rauch?

the great one year wonder mike caruso

luis andujar

arnie munoz?

and the names go on and on

spout all the names for me you'd like gutless wonder.

the best you got is mr. one year jon garland???? looks like you'll have to take his sausage outta your mouth to respond.

looks like the sox disagree with you as charlies ass we sent packing back down to the minors. now please give us a rant on kenny williams and why this was wrong.

And how do you know Haeger will never help this team win a World Series after 1 Major League Outing? If he sucks so much as you've said, what type of bullpen help, if any, are we going to get for him?

Anderson a 4th OF? Good to see you've reached that fact after less than a month and a half. Guess you thought Jermaine Dye was a terrible signing this time last season as well.

Garland a 1 year wonder? He's given up 10ER in his last 4 starts you know, after his 1st 2 outings.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
rape and pillage? i don't call trading a guy that will never help your team win a world series, for bullpen help raping and pillaging? obviously your life sucks bad enought to be the "tough talking message board guy", so these are my last thoughts on the subject.

Anderson-4th outfielder

Garland- one year wonder

what about danny wright?

scott ruffcorn?

rodney bolton?

jon rauch?

luis andujar

arnie munoz?

the best you got is mr. one year jon garland???? looks like you'll have to take his sausage outta your mouth to respond.

looks like the sox disagree with you as charlies ass we sent packing back down to the minors. now please give us a rant on kenny williams and why this was wrong.

I honestly do not know where to begin with this quote.

Anderson-4th outfielder

Garland- one year wonder

what about danny wright?

scott ruffcorn?

rodney bolton?

jon rauch?

luis andujar

arnie munoz?

I was one of the biggest Joe Crede critics on the site, especially with his bat. I have seen enough this year and late last year to see a complete workaround in his swing. Hands quiet, nice fluid swing through the hitting zone. This is not a result of someone working for a contract, this is a complete difference in his hitting technique. Whatever he did during his time off for injury he completely reworked his swing.

Guys playing for contracts, hit a s***load of homers, they dont worry about average because its power numbers that pay the most. Guys playing for contracts strike out a lot trying to park every pitch into the stands. Look at Credes numbers and tell me that he is trying to park s*** all the time.

Anderson-4th outfielder

Garland- one year wonder

what about danny wright?

scott ruffcorn?

rodney bolton?

jon rauch?

luis andujar

arnie munoz?

Here's the board for you: http://www.northsidebaseball.com/

Have fun.

Here's a few names of the top of my head.

Vlad Guerrero

Paul Konerko

Jim Thome

Albert Pujols

Jon Smoltz

Pedro Martinez

Johan Santana

What do these guys all have in common?

They were ALL rookies at point in their career. So, no Joe Crede and Jon Garland are not 'the best we got".

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:45 AM)
Here's a few names of the top of my head.

Vlad Guerrero

Paul Konerko

Jim Thome

Albert Pujols

Jon Smoltz

Pedro Martinez

Johan Santana

What do these guys all have in common?

They were ALL rookies at point in their career. So, no Joe Crede and Jon Garland are not 'the best we got".

Guerrero-sucks

Konerkos-sucks

Thome-sucks

Pujols-he's ok, I guess

Smoltz-sucks

Pedro-sucks

Johan-sucks

I don't see your point.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)
Guerrero-sucks

Konerkos-sucks

Thome-sucks

Pujols-he's ok, I guess

Smoltz-sucks

Pedro-sucks

Johan-sucks

I don't see your point.

You input is greatly appreciated.

:finger

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:50 AM)
You input is greatly appreciated.

:finger

;) It's always fun to see someone rationalize giving up on a player after one game. I couldn't see the game but it does sound like Haeger can be a solid major leaguer with a little bit of a work and I'm sure it wasn't easy filling in for the best pitcher in baseball right now.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
;) It's always fun to see someone rationalize giving up on a player after one game. I couldn't see the game but it does sound like Haeger can be a solid major leaguer with a little bit of a work and I'm sure it wasn't easy filling in for the best pitcher in baseball right now.

Sadly, that's a fairly common occurance around here.

It's not totally the same, but this reminds me of the "BMAC sucks" threads of middle 2005.

Haeger is by no means on par with BMAC, IMO.

But, he can still be a major league starter someday.

He's still got a few years to learn. He's what.. 22?

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ May 11, 2006 -> 03:06 AM)
It's not totally the same, but this reminds me of the "BMAC sucks" threads of middle 2005.

Haeger is by no means on par with BMAC, IMO.

But, he can still be a major league starter someday.

He's still got a few years to learn. He's what.. 22?

Yes. There is definitely a tendancy to give up on players way to quick. I mean, Joe Crede can be the poster boy of what can happen if you stay patient with a talented player but it's just hard for some people to grasp taht concept.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:09 AM)
Yes. There is definitely a tendancy to give up on players way to quick. I mean, Joe Crede can be the poster boy of what can happen if you stay patient with a talented player but it's just hard for some people to grasp taht concept.

Could not agree more. There are very few players that immediately make the transition to the big league level, whether it be to the pitching or the hitters. Guys like Crede and Derrick Lee are perfect examples of what happens to talented players when you are patient with them. That's why it bothers me when people are so quick to trash Anderson, give him time and remember the Sox don't need him to be a hall of fame hitter right now.

As far as Haeger goes, obviously the organization didn't think he showed enough in this outing to merit a second one, especially considering that Contreras should only miss 1 more start, but I think it is safe to say that it is far to early to give up on Haeger as a major leaguer.

All of you idiots calling for Haeger to be shipped off with no return are complete and utter fanboys. One start, one mistake is all you people need to s***can someone. He was obviously nervous as hell pitching for the World Champions in substitution for arguably the best pitch in all of baseball. If anyone thought he was going to be gangbusters and pitch even relatively well was naive. This guy is 22, has 20 starts above A ball with a knuckleball and he's a "scrub" already? Does anyone get second chances in the universe you live in? He was obviously upset as he was routinely yelling at himself after f***ing up.

Good post, great post.

I feel for the 22-year-old. I just personally hate the knuckleball and all it represents to the game.

That's why I want him long gone.

I've never been a big Wakefield fan.

QUOTE(greg775 @ May 11, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Good post, great post.

I feel for the 22-year-old. I just personally hate the knuckleball and all it represents to the game.

That's why I want him long gone.

I've never been a big Wakefield fan.

:o :o :o :o :o

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy