WCIU

Linnwood

Does anyone know why any of the games are on WCIU?

The colors are awful, the sound crackles or drops out all together, and watching the on screen graphics you can tell the screen is cropped.

I know I am not the first to b**** about this, but does anyone know why the White Sox would let their product be broadcast on such a crappy station?

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 10, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)

The colors are awful, the sound crackles or drops out all together, and watching the on screen graphics you can tell the screen is cropped.

I know I am not the first to b**** about this, but does anyone know why the White Sox would let their product be broadcast on such a crappy station?

Like anything else, it has to be $$$$$$$$.

I'm sure someone has a better knowledge of the deal, when it expires and what the Sox may be getting out of it.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 10, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)

All home games, including ones on WCIU are broadcast in HD.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 10, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)

I wish I could get WCIU up here in Wisconsin. I only get CSN and WGN games. :(

I have Comcast, and WCIU cannot be in HD, because WCIU doesn't have an HD channel. Maybe they will eventually, but right now, its not there. So for us Comcast users, WCIU comes in standard only (and their standard is pretty low). The games on WGN and CSN are HD because they both have HD channels on Comcast.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ May 11, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
I have Comcast, and WCIU cannot be in HD, because WCIU doesn't have an HD channel. Maybe they will eventually, but right now, its not there. So for us Comcast users, WCIU comes in standard only (and their standard is pretty low). The games on WGN and CSN are HD because they both have HD channels on Comcast.

This is very true, Comcast is on 200 and WGN is on 192 here, during the Sox game I searched up and down 173-208 which are all HD channels for a WCIU channel thinking maybe it would be on INHD or the SEHD and got nothing. If this magical channel does exist, it's on some cable/satelite service I don't know about.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ May 12, 2006 -> 01:22 PM)
I thought the arrangement with WCIU was formed by WGN in order to give sufficient prime time exposure to WB network shows

So I get s***ty reception of the sox game so another very special episode of 7th Heaven can air? WTF!! :angry: :angry:

QUOTE(Linnwood @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
So I get s***ty reception of the sox game so another very special episode of 7th Heaven can air? WTF!! :angry: :angry:

It's all about money.

7th Heaven gets better raitings and brings in more advertising revenue.