CANCELLED: Angels vs. White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE(indyman @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
With a rainout looming, and it looked that way all week it is all the more puzzling why Ozzie & Kenny didn't just bump up everybody in the rotation. I would think every starter would rather have 4 days rest rather than 5 or 6.

Perhaps it's because weather's always changing, and meteorologists aren't always correct.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox | Contreras to receive injection

Thu, 11 May 2006 10:39:04 -0700

Scott Merkin, of Chicago.WhiteSox.MLB.com, reports Chicago White Sox SP Jose Contreras (leg) was moving around the clubhouse and improving Wednesday, May 10. Contreras will get an epidural injection Thursday, May 11, to help relieve some of the remaining pain.

Appearantly Count got an epidural today. This does sound encouraging.

QUOTE(SoxPride56 @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Your right, tonights game has been canceled, an announcement will be coming within an hour.

That sets up the next series as

Santana vs Garland

Radke vs Vazquez

Silva vs Buerhle

Baker vs Garcia

Brandon will then go against the Drays next week.

And then it sets up the Cubs series as Buerhle, Garcia and the Count going against the flubbers. I like it.

Edited by southsideirish71

No doubt this is a bit of gamesmanship by the Sox since their bullpen could use a day off with the re-shuffling of roles due to Contreras' injury and Haeger's less than stellar performance last night. It actually doesn't look too bad here in Oak Lawn. Kudos to the organization for puting winning in front of profits.

QUOTE(Wealz @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
No doubt this is a bit of gamesmanship by the Sox since their bullpen could use a day off with the re-shuffling of roles due to Contreras' injury and Haeger's less than stellar performance last night. It actually doesn't look too bad here in Oak Lawn. Kudos to the organization for puting winning in front of profits.

They will get the profits and more in fact with a rainout today. Do you think there will be more people buying this ticket now with a rainy day, or maybe in August when the races heat up and School is out.

QUOTE(Wealz @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Depends where it's made up. The Angels could say that was our last trip to Chicago, have them play the make up game when their back in town in September.

I dont think thats how it works. We had to go to Boston last year and play a makeup game in September.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Do they pick the make up day today?

If both teams have a common off day that works very easily then probably yes, but since the two teams don't play for a while there's no guarantee.

And yes the game has to be played in Chicago for those who are worried about profits. They'll wait until the Angels are playing another Central team around these parts and throw the game in there. Er, that's what makes the most sense to me.

I have tickets to this game so I'm pissed.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
They will get the profits and more in fact with a rainout today. Do you think there will be more people buying this ticket now with a rainy day, or maybe in August when the races heat up and School is out.

They also have to give free rainchecks for every person who had a ticket to tonights game, so they don't come out ahead...

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Is it really cancelled? Its not raining that hard right now and the game doesn't start till 7

It rained all night, and the sun hasn't come out so the field has had no chance to dry really. So yeah I think it's cancelled.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
f***, I planned my night around this.

yup, me too. It's on local TV in LA. I was going to fire up the grill around 4:30...

midwest weather blows. Oh well. I can still :drink

QUOTE(G&T @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
It rained all night, and the sun hasn't come out so the field has had no chance to dry really. So yeah I think it's cancelled.

and this don't look pretty...

http://weather.chicagotribune.com/radar/mi...ze=2x&type=loop

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ May 11, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
yeah but don't they put out the tarp when they know its going to rain?

Yes, but the outfield will have pools in it. They have good drainage at the Cell, but this has been too much rain with no break.