Rex Hudler

mmmmmbeeer

I can't stand this guy when I have to listen to his broadcasts. Hawk may be a homer but atleast he gives credit to the other team where credit is due. Hudler is just a pure jackass who RARELY gives any credit to the opposition, or atleast the Sox being that's the games I'm usually forced to endure his jock-like lingo.

IE., last night against Haeger... Angels have been hitting horribly, no doubt about that. So they finally tag Haeger, a rookie knuckleballer making his first ML appearance, and Hudler starts talking about how the "Angels are back" and pimping their clutch hits (nevermind the fact that Haeger gave them all their baserunners via the walks). Huddy, your team isn't "back" nor are they "clutch". They took advantage of a 22 year old kid making his first start who couldn't control his 73mph knuckler and can only hit 84 with his fastball.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
I can't stand this guy when I have to listen to his broadcasts. Hawk may be a homer but atleast he gives credit to the other team where credit is due. Hudler is just a pure jackass who RARELY gives any credit to the opposition, or atleast the Sox being that's the games I'm usually forced to endure his jock-like lingo.

IE., last night against Haeger... Angels have been hitting horribly, no doubt about that. So they finally tag Haeger, a rookie knuckleballer making his first ML appearance, and Hudler starts talking about how the "Angels are back" and pimping their clutch hits (nevermind the fact that Haeger gave them all their baserunners via the walks). Huddy, your team isn't "back" nor are they "clutch". They took advantage of a 22 year old kid making his first start who couldn't control his 73mph knuckler and can only hit 84 with his fastball.

I watched the Angels broadcast last night and Huddler and the rest of the crew were giving B-Mac crazy props. Huddler wasn't the ring-leader, but he did give McCarthy some serious respect.

Agreed about the second point, though. Huddler is annoying as hell and a douche.

I actually think the Angels broadcasting team is a lot more even-handed than most when it comes to the Sox.

However, I don't think you can say your slumping team is 'back' after roughing up a rookie pitcher. Let's see how Escrybaby does against Garland.

The best was the other night when Jose Mota interviewed Uribe after the game. Either he's never talked to Juan before or couldn't get anyone else. I love Juan, but for the love of god, I have NO IDEA what that man is saying, other than "ya know", which he says about 40 times with every sentence.

If any of you have MLB.TV you can check it out, it's right after the game ends on Tuesday. Hilarious.

QUOTE(Drew @ May 11, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
I actually think the Angels broadcasting team is a lot more even-handed than most when it comes to the Sox.

However, I don't think you can say your slumping team is 'back' after roughing up a rookie pitcher. Let's see how Escrybaby does against Garland.

I think he is all wet!! :D

The game got rained out get it??? :bringit

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 11, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
On Mac, Jurko and the harry ones' show yesterday Rex was giving tons or respect to the Sox. He couldn't say enough good things about the Sox. :huh

I don't know, man. Maybe it was different being he was talking to Sox fans as opposed to speaking to Angels fans, as he does during the games.