Important notice to the negative crazies

whitesoxfan101

Bobby Jenks has blown 1 save all year....and considering K Rod was in with the lead as it was, IMO if we had to have a bullpen collapse, last night was the time for it. We can still win the series today (if the stadium doesn't float away in floodwaters) and we have the best record in baseball.

The team weakness is the bullpen, but our rotation is great, Jose is only missing 1 more start, and YOU KNOW Kenny will get some help for the bullpen if we need it as much as we think. Plus Jeff Nelson will help as it is when he's ready IMO. As soon as Ozzie figures out these bullpen roles (Jenks should START innings in SAVE SITUATIONS only, don't f***ing go nuts over lefty/right), we'll be more than fine. Hell, we are fine already.

I guess my point is, this isn't the pre 2005 White Sox......so there is no need to freak out and expect failure, because we don't have 88 years of failure and bad history to b**** about anymore. Remember, we have the best record in the game, and are the defending champs.

That is all. (Waits for rational fans to praise me, and for the crazy bipolar fans to call me an idiot and put words in my mouth).

Guest JimH

It is a long season, there will be ups and downs, I bet there will be a 4-5 game losing streak mixed in somewhere. A message was sent when KW signed Nelson, he is not satisfied with the bullpen. Too early for him to get someone now because teams aren't selling off but one thing he has proven is he's laying the groundwork.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
That is all. (Waits for rational fans to praise me, and for the crazy bipolar fans to call me an idiot and put words in my mouth).

Great post, but...

you're still an idiot!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Bobby Jenks has blown 1 save all year....and considering K Rod was in with the lead as it was, IMO if we had to have a bullpen collapse, last night was the time for it. We can still win the series today (if the stadium doesn't float away in floodwaters) and we have the best record in baseball.

The team weakness is the bullpen, but our rotation is great, Jose is only missing 1 more start, and YOU KNOW Kenny will get some help for the bullpen if we need it as much as we think. Plus Jeff Nelson will help as it is when he's ready IMO. As soon as Ozzie figures out these bullpen roles (Jenks should START innings in SAVE SITUATIONS only, don't f***ing go nuts over lefty/right), we'll be more than fine. Hell, we are fine already.

I guess my point is, this isn't the pre 2005 White Sox......so there is no need to freak out and expect failure, because we don't have 88 years of failure and bad history to b**** about anymore. Remember, we have the best record in the game, and are the defending champs.

I agree with you. I guess that makes me rational. HOORAY!

Although, I will say that I don't believe there are many around here in panic mode. I'd say that its mostly concern surrounding the bullpen, and rightly so. The bullpen as a whole has been pretty mediocre. And while we may be concerned, that doesn't mean that we are in big trouble. We have fewer holes in our team than anybody else in the league, and I trust Kenny and think our few needs will be addressed when he sees the opportunity.

We currently are the best in the bigs. If there are people around here who really believe the sky is falling, they need to take a deep breath. But I really believe most of the "negativity" is being overblown. I'd say at least 95% of this place is quite pleased with the current state of the team. Am I wrong?

I take the losses as hard as anyone. Ask anyone who saw me Friday. Last night would have been great and could have really killed the Halos. We had no business being in that game.

My problem is that Ozzie seems to get in trouble when he goes to the pen to often. McCarthy or Cotts would have been fine to finish. Why only let Jenks face two guys. If you want him in bring him in to start with or not at all. He did this with Thorton the other day.

The best thing about last night was McCarthy getting his groove back in order to give him a start Monday or Tuesday if today is rained out.

Jenks is fine all is still well. Charlie.........................well McCarthy has to feel a tad better about himself.

That was an ugly, ugly loss. The worst I've seen in a while, especially in person (and I've seen some nasty ones).

But I would be the last person to start thinking the sky is falling.

Hey, look at it this way: we are 3-1 against FREAKIN ANAHEIM thus far. Until the ALCS last year, people forget, playing them was like a GUARANTEED loss. Like with Oakland. Not only did we SWEEP them OUT THERE--!!!--but if we take this series, I'd say things are looking pretty damn good.

I think we need to get our asses kicked once in a while to keep everybody's feet on the ground.

And hey: KC beat freakin' Cleveland! You gotta love that.

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 11, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
Hey, look at it this way: we are 4-1 against FREAKIN ANAHEIM thus far. Until the ALCS last year, people forget, playing them was like a GUARANTEED loss. Like with Oakland. Not only did we SWEEP them OUT THERE--!!!--but if we take this series, I'd say things are looking pretty damn good.

Fixed that for you.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ May 11, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
That was an ugly, ugly loss. The worst I've seen in a while, especially in person (and I've seen some nasty ones).

But I would be the last person to start thinking the sky is falling.

Hey, look at it this way: we are 3-1 against FREAKIN ANAHEIM thus far. Until the ALCS last year, people forget, playing them was like a GUARANTEED loss. Like with Oakland. Not only did we SWEEP them OUT THERE--!!!--but if we take this series, I'd say things are looking pretty damn good.

I think we need to get our asses kicked once in a while to keep everybody's feet on the ground.

And hey: KC beat freakin' Cleveland! You gotta love that.

I was at the game also. Watching Haeger warm up in the 1st, you knew he was nervous. After the first inning, I figured it would be a tough night. So when they did lose, it wasnt that much of a shock. I wouldnt say it was one of the worst losses I have seen. They came back, and the game got out of hand at the end. It came apart real quick and it was over. It happens. To me the worst type of loss, is when you have a man in scoring position and someone Ks looking with 2 outs in the night. This one didnt bug me as much.