The Rowand Catch

wilmot825

It was an amazing catch, I saw it live and I got off my seat in amazement, which is rare for being on the couch at home. Without a doubt, that may be play of the year when its all said and done. I still thought a couple of band-aids would have done the trick for him to stay in the game though :-)

Oh, I forgot to add this in, just check the phillies mlb site tonight, they will definitly post this one right after the game im sure as a video clip.

I miss watching that guy play. I really thought losing his energy would hurt the Sox this year. I'm glad I was wrong about that, but I would take him on my team anyday.

On a different note, I love Harry Kalas' voice. I think I would listen to Phillies games if I could get them, just to hear him call a game.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 11, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
On a different note, I love Harry Kalas' voice. I think I would listen to Phillies games if I could get them, just to hear him call a game.

I have no interest at all in the Dodgers yet I watch a ton of Dodger games. A great announcer has the ability to draw viewers.

Just to add to what I said earlier, the final score of the game was 2-0 Phils won. Rowand's catch saved at least three runs and thus you could say he literally saved the game and could have swung a lot of momentum in the NL East. It's great to see him do well.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 11, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
even though rowand is not currently on the sox. I think it is a great gesture by the mods to leave these in pale hose talk. Great move guys :)

:gosox3:

You see? If we had Rowand he would have been injured by now and Brian Anderson would be starting anyways. ;) :D

Great catch, that guy will run into a wall for any team he is on, you gotta love that.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 12, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
Seems like even if there was padding, he still would have been running full speed face first into the wall....seems like he could have broken his nose regardless.

http://www.philliesphans.com/phorum/viewtopic.php?t=33454

Yup, regardless of the amount of padding, the same result would of happened.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:47 AM)
Yup, regardless of the amount of padding, the same result would of happened.

I dont know if he would have broken it if there was padding there. It looked like he went face first into the metal bar of the fence. If there was padding there, he might have broken it, but I dont know if he would be in the hospital waiting for surgery to repair his nose right now. The Sox should have told the Phillies they needed to Rowand-proof the outfield fences.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 12, 2006 -> 07:53 AM)
I dont know if he would have broken it if there was padding there. It looked like he went face first into the metal bar of the fence. If there was padding there, he might have broken it, but I dont know if he would be in the hospital waiting for surgery to repair his nose right now. The Sox should have told the Phillies they needed to Rowand-proof the outfield fences.

Aaron told them they needed to Rowand-proof their fences.