Pat Foley

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 12, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Comcast will go with a different person for the TV crew.

Funny, Foley is the only reason left to watch Hawk games. Now, there is no reason.

I hate Bill Wirtz. I used to love the Hawks, but he murdered that franchise.

:notworthy Foley is ONLY reason to watch.

Comcast made the call here not the Hawks.

Yes, it's the Hawks fault for not broadcasting all the games, but since they don't, the best place for Foley is the radio where he can do all the games.

Now, it's up to the Hawks to get a new contract done with Foley.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ May 13, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
Comcast made the call here not the Hawks.

Yes, it's the Hawks fault for not broadcasting all the games, but since they don't, the best place for Foley is the radio where he can do all the games.

Now, it's up to the Hawks to get a new contract done with Foley.

All that had to happen was for the Blackhawks to step up and say no. Hell they are part owners of the damned network in the first place! There is no doubt in my mind the Hawks are letting this happen, if nothing else through omission.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
All that had to happen was for the Blackhawks to step up and say no. Hell they are part owners of the damned network in the first place! There is no doubt in my mind the Hawks are letting this happen, if nothing else through omission.

I bet they're doing this because Foley had the audacity to ask for a 3% cost of living raise this year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)

Disagree.

Foley has said multiple times he doesn't like to do both. It doesn't make sense, and the delay has gotten far worse this season.

I'm not sure what the big deal is here, I'd rather have Foley do the radio anyway. Let Jim Blaney or some other stooge handle the road games.

I agree, i'd rather have Foley on radio painting a picture for me. At worst, i could mute the Hawks road games on TV and still be ok.

The problem with simulcasting is that it's hard to understand stuff on radio, sometimes, when you are doing a TV broadcast. It's hard to have a good color guy to play by play ratio...the color guy is more integral on TV, so when he's describing something he's seeing on a replay on radio, it just doesn't translate well. Hopefully Foley goes for this and sticks to radio the whole season, perfectly fine by me. Besides, my memories of foley don't involve watching the tube, they involve laying in my bed during grammar school and listening to hawks home games as i fell asleep. That's foley for ya.